This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 137 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Level up until Dundee scored, then Dundee were on top IMO. We maybe should have scored again, no doubt we will collapse in the second half. 

Not a fan of Hamilton, a team of absolute thugs. 

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Look absolute hammer throwers first half. Think I’d like Utd to get them in the play off if we get thru. 

Agreed. Dundee are poor but they are better than Hamilton and Ross County and possibly Thistle.  If we manage to stumble passed Livi I’d rather play either of those three, who are all probably better than us to be brutally honest

Canning left out Crawford and Templeton

Clearly not interested in going all guns blazing today and saving them for next home game

Accies would gub United - just like last time (also unbeaten in 5 against United)

And they are not hammer throwers - just a stereotype everyone likes to jump on

Accies have had more penalties given to them than any other team in the SPL i believe

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Canning left out Crawford and Templeton

Clearly not interested in going all guns blazing today and saving them for next home game

Accies would gub United - just like last time (also unbeaten in 5 against United)

And they are not hammer throwers - just a stereotype everyone likes to jump on

Accies have had more penalties given to them than any other team in the SPL i believe

They are the dirtiest team I’ve seen, the only team that comes close is Hearts. 

21 minutes ago, kumnio said:

They are the dirtiest team I’ve seen, the only team that comes close is Hearts. 

In November last year Lennon made that comment after a 1-1 draw at NDP and it has snowballed with fans of other teams jumping on the band wagon.

He made those remarks to mask his own team's inadequacies that day

This was a few weeks after the same Lennon said that Accies played Hibs off the park at Easter Road - he couldnt use the hammer thrower line as the margin of defeat would have made him look foolish

When i watch Accies i think they are not hard enough - powder puff a lot of the times like today in fact

Working hard for each other and getting stuck in doesnt make you dirty and nor does giving away needless light fouls

How many players have been injured playing against Accies this season ?

Edited by Ally Bongo

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I couldn’t give a flying fuck about Lennon, you’ve been a bunch of thugs for years, it’s nothing new. 

Jobby Gub

Guest BlueGaz

If you see any Killie walking a bit funny over the next few days it’s because they have just taken one up the arse for 90 mins solid. 1-0 flatters them. 

Clarke for manager of the year. Killie back to normal. 

Edited by BlueGaz

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

1-0 over two legs is a funny definition of a gubbing.  I'm just being honest, United are rubbish, but I think they'd have the best chance against Accies.  We'd be unlikely to win, but then we're unlikely to beat Livi so it's academic.

However, Accies or maybe Ross County are our best chance of promotion, if by some fluke we get that far.

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

If you see any Killie walking a bit funny over the next few days it’s because they have just taken one up the arse for 90 mins solid. 1-0 flatters them. 

Clarke for manager of the year. Killie back to normal. 

Didn't think it was a gubbing personally but the best team definitely won.

35 minutes ago, adamntg said:

1-0 over two legs is a funny definition of a gubbing.  I'm just being honest, United are rubbish, but I think they'd have the best chance against Accies.  We'd be unlikely to win, but then we're unlikely to beat Livi so it's academic.

However, Accies or maybe Ross County are our best chance of promotion, if by some fluke we get that far.

It is - that's why i said gub !

You would have a better chance against Dundee or Thistle IMO

Despite Canning's flaws (and there are plenty) one thing going for them is that Accies have less fear about relegation than any of the other teams ..and they have been there, got the T shirt etc

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Seen as the game was on Alba I took myself away up Arthur Seat and a 14.5 mile walk round Edinburgh with my iPod blaring and phone turned off just so I could watch that

Two teams going for second place ma hole

Was a good game. Dons bossed the second half but Hibs looked dangerous every time they broke. Beaton had another absolute feckin’ nightmare. 

7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Was a good game. Dons bossed the second half but Hibs looked dangerous every time they broke. Beaton had another absolute feckin’ nightmare. 

He never let the game flow enough I felt. It’s supposed to be a physical sport

48 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

He never let the game flow enough I felt. It’s supposed to be a physical sport

A yellow card in the first minute set a very early precedence for the game. 

He completely ruined it with some baffling decisions and stopping for next to nothing. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Mitre said:

Didn't think it was a gubbing personally but the best team definitely won.

Without taking the mickey, seriously? Apart from one great chance and double save you didn’t think it was totally one way? 

How bad were we up front. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Beaton had another absolute feckin’ nightmare. 

Not even worth mentioning them anymore. Ours was shite today too for Killie and us. The linesman on our side was poor too. 

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It is - that's why i said gub !

You would have a better chance against Dundee or Thistle IMO

Despite Canning's flaws (and there are plenty) one thing going for them is that Accies have less fear about relegation than any of the other teams ..and they have been there, got the T shirt etc

We haven’t got much of a hope against any of the possibles, but I’m only being honest when I say I think Hamilton are maybe our best chance.  Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

He completely ruined it with some baffling decisions and stopping for next to nothing. 

Aye. My personal favourite was McGinn putting GMS on the Hobo's bench waist height. No idea why Beaton bothered with the yellow. Only conclusion is that he's 'practicing' for when he refs him at Sellick next season 😉 

15 hours ago, Ormond said:

Maclean departs from Saints with a hatrick in our 5-1 thumping at Fir Park. 👍

Hate these games leading up to a cup final. Just hoping everyone gets through the game uninjured. Still as a Well fan just something we've had to used to recently 😎😁