This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 136 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

13 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

🤣

We'll see if he has learned anything over the past few months regarding the players.  

I get the feeling there was zero relationship between him and Murty. A place man if you like, and GM maybe resented this. There never seemed to be any interaction between them on the sidelines and he always seemed rather static. Struck me as strange as he is no shrinking violet.

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Alfredo disnae know it...

Disnae know what?  How to score from point blank?

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, Mitre said:

I get the feeling there was zero relationship between him and Murty. A place man if you like, and GM maybe resented this. There never seemed to be any interaction between them on the sidelines and he always seemed rather static. Struck me as strange as he is no shrinking violet.

Normally you hear something if there is a frosty relationship, when it should be quite close.  I agree with you, but strange nothing has been said about it.  Far too much other shite coming out probably, this would be way down the pecking order.

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

At least if nothing else the players will all know the words to the Sash by the end of the season.

39 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

🤣

We'll see if he has learned anything over the past few months regarding the players.  

37 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Alfredo disnae know it...

15 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Disnae know what?  How to score from point blank?

That too.

:lol:

On 4/29/2018 at 4:42 PM, gkm_vancouver said:

A good game in the end with a 42,000 crowd, esp 2nd half. Villa (or at least Taylor) gave away the first goal and like you say, Derby then defended deep the rest of the game. Strange as youd think they would go for a second to secure a play off spot. Lucky Villas finishing was poor though as stats show - Villa had 75% possession and 24 shots but only 6 on target. So what's happened to Russell, Martin and Bryson? Was looking forward to seeing a few Scots on show. Hutton came on fopr Taylor and had another great game.

Highlights on youtube.

The Bryson one is strange. Him and Martin have always been implicated as trouble makers behind the scenes, but there's never been any evidence. He is probobly one of the higher earners, so perhaps they wanted him off the wage bill. Anyway, he went to Cardiff on loan at the start of the season. Derbys been crying out for a midfielder like him all season. 

Martin is another high earner but Rowett didnt give him much time in the 1st team before shipping him out on loan in Jan to Reading. Rowett likes quick mobile strong workers up front, and thats not Martin. 

Russell decided to leave in Jan for Kansas City , stating he wanted a lifestyle change for his family. He tends to move around every 3 years or so, fair play to him.  

He's the one Derby have missed most.

Forsyth is playing ok, he tends to let the crowd get to him at times and his coincidence visibly drains. Still, he is a good championship wing back. 

I hope Snoddy is settling in a bit better now. He was poor in the reverse fixture in Dec, but then again Villa were injury hit around then and he was almost trying too hard.    

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

All the updates I've been hearing on the radio were saying DUFC were taking an utter pasting, but I see they've gone 2-1 up.

We were very lucky. Horrendous first half and Dunfermline should really have been out of sight. Played much better second half at least,  but lucky to win that game. Our  Goalie however attempted a celebration knee slide after we scored, hit a divet in the grass and went of with a dislocated knee 😂😂😂 typical of our club lately 😳

6 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

We were very lucky. Horrendous first half and Dunfermline should really have been out of sight. Played much better second half at least,  but lucky to win that game. Our  Goalie however attempted a celebration knee slide after we scored, hit a divet in the grass and went of with a dislocated knee 😂😂😂 typical of our club lately 😳

It surely wasn’t a dislocated knee.   He got up and played on for a few minutes so I’d say it’s probably just a sprain or twist.  

How Collum got thru that game without booking anyone is beyond me.  He’s changed, man.  

9 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It surely wasn’t a dislocated knee.   He got up and played on for a few minutes so I’d say it’s probably just a sprain or twist.  

How Collum got thru that game without booking anyone is beyond me.  He’s changed, man.  

He has himself said it was dislocated adding “ It should pop back in so hopefully nothing serious “ 😂 I appreciate he may not be a man of medicine.

fuck knows how we won that though. Both our keepers kept us in it 

Huge match for Cowden today. This week could end the club. My club hate them however I’m rooting for them as I sincerely don’t wish Spartans into the league as it could pretty much consign us to history this time next year.

10 minutes ago, giblet said:

Btw, anyone lumping on Kilmarnock today?  Bookies odds look too good to miss? 

I've not bet on us since I used to do my regular doomed treble years ago, Killie, Sunderland & Kilbirnie Ladeside...  Tempted today though.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Btw, anyone lumping on Kilmarnock today?  Bookies odds look too good to miss? 

7/1 against and we're going for our 3rd win in a row v Rangers....

Edited by Toepoke

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Huge match for Cowden today. This week could end the club. My club hate them however I’m rooting for them as I sincerely don’t wish Spartans into the league as it could pretty much consign us to history this time next year.

In case you haven’t heard Hibs finally won the cup, Celtic are going for back to back trebles, natural order was restored in Edinburgh then abolished and Steven Gerrard got the Ibrox gig

With a manager such as Martin Canning i have absolutely no faith in Accies getting anything against Dundee today

54 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

With a manager such as Martin Canning i have absolutely no faith in Accies getting anything against Dundee today

Look absolute hammer throwers first half. Think I’d like Utd to get them in the play off if we get thru.