This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 135 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Brilliant game today at Easter Road. End to end stuff with a dodgy referee in the middle.

Boyd loves to play the pantomime villain but by Christ he can score. His free kick was very special.

19 points clear of the wee team in the city.

Mind the gap.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Im not buying the Kamberi penalty that was overturned. 3 players using upper body strength against each other and the Killie guy came out on top. It’s a contact sport at the end of the day

It wasn’t even that. Correct decision 

Boyd onside aswell

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What a game. I’m knackered just watching it!

Boyds first looked offside but there was a free heider a few minutes before that looked like Rocky carried it over the line, his feet were a mile over and from behind it looked like he gathered it into his stomach. His second goal is the goal of the season. Ill need to see the offside goal that would have made it 4-4 again

Im not buying the Kamberi penalty that was overturned. 3 players using upper body strength against each other and the Killie guy came out on top. It’s a contact sport at the end of the day

Some brilliant finishing from Hibs. I wasn’t impressed with the keeper and the two centre half’s today but it just shows how much Neil Lennon has improved Hibs, two years ago we would have folded 

Didn't make it through today, it's not often you score 3 in a game and end up losing.  Cracking game, and end to end for the entire 90 minutes on all accounts that I've heard.

Can anyone see anything other than a complete hammering for Rangers at Parkhead tomorrow ?

Have noticed a distinct amount of apathy on twatter from both sets of fans

On 4/27/2018 at 11:48 PM, gkm_vancouver said:

Off to Villa v Derby tomorrow, taster for the play-offs. Championship has been good this season and quite competitive, not so predictable as both English and Scottish premierships. Hopefully Snoddy can get back amongst it.

How was the game? 

By all accounts it was another attempted smash and grab by Rowett that didnt work. 

Considering they are only 1 point away from securing the play offs, the football on show at Derby this season has been dire.  Sit back, defend and hit the long ball. Its been boring as hell, and why Ive given up my season ticket for next season, irrespective if they fluke a promotion. 

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Can anyone see anything other than a complete hammering for Rangers at Parkhead tomorrow ?

Have noticed a distinct amount of apathy on twatter from both sets of fans

Anyone ?

6 hours ago, Dairbee said:

How was the game? 

By all accounts it was another attempted smash and grab by Rowett that didnt work. 

Considering they are only 1 point away from securing the play offs, the football on show at Derby this season has been dire.  Sit back, defend and hit the long ball. Its been boring as hell, and why Ive given up my season ticket for next season, irrespective if they fluke a promotion. 

A good game in the end with a 42,000 crowd, esp 2nd half. Villa (or at least Taylor) gave away the first goal and like you say, Derby then defended deep the rest of the game. Strange as youd think they would go for a second to secure a play off spot. Lucky Villas finishing was poor though as stats show - Villa had 75% possession and 24 shots but only 6 on target. So what's happened to Russell, Martin and Bryson? Was looking forward to seeing a few Scots on show. Hutton came on fopr Taylor and had another great game.

Highlights on youtube.

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What’s the Man Utd v Arsenal games all about these days?

The players are all shaking hands with each other. That wouldn’t have happened 10-15 years ago 

I’d rip up the rat manc bastards contracts!

Edited by sbcmfc
Sorry wrong forum :p

38 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The players are all shaking hands with each other. That wouldn’t have happened 10-15 years ago 

These guys managed to kick, punch and batter each other to f*ck for 6 weeks but still shake hands.

Nowt wrong with it and NOT shaking hands doesn't make them any better, tougher or less committed.

It should always remain sporting before and after even if you hate each other for an hour or two during a game.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

No more handing out pizzas then? 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, giblet said:

Brilliant game today at Easter Road. End to end stuff with a dodgy referee in the middle.

Boyd loves to play the pantomime villain but by Christ he can score. His free kick was very special.

19 points clear of the wee team in the city.

Mind the gap.

Was a brilliant game.

Might that hun last weekend on here that said we played "Lump it up the park" fitba or something?

Some atmosphere at the game too, from both sets of fans.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was a brilliant game.

Might that hun last weekend on here that said we played "Lump it up the park" fitba or something?

Some atmosphere at the game too, from both sets of fans.

That was me. I managed to comment without using sad wee names though, unlike yourself. 

If you'd bothered to read my actual posts instead of frothing off in a strop you'd see it was based on how you've played against Rangers. 

If you miraculously turn into the blue and white Barcelona in other games then good for you. 

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

At least if nothing else the players will all know the words to the Sash by the end of the season.

🤣

We'll see if he has learned anything over the past few months regarding the players.