This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 127 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

I don't really care when we play the huns. If plod gets their way it'll probably be a 9 am kick off on the moon. 😕

I'll say one thing about the timing of this game. The SNP government are still smarting over the repeal of the obfa. The first high profile incident there is and they will be all over it, pushing new legislation or putting the thumbscrews on the SFA over strict liability. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I don't really care when we play the huns. If plod gets their way it'll probably be a 9 am kick off on the moon. 😕

I'll say one thing about the timing of this game. The SNP government are still smarting over the repeal of the obfa. The first high profile incident there is and they will be all over it, pushing new legislation or putting the thumbscrews on the SFA over strict liability. 

Plod and other bedwetters are the ones hyping up the tension.

This old firm game is a non event in the grand scheme of things.

The hogmanay and cup semis of the last few years had more riding on then and little aftermath.  We're a nation of worriers.

Ps the old firm isn't even the most violent in the UK at the moment...  look at the man city bus incident.  If that had happened here they'd still be talking about it ten years later like world war three.

Strict liability is illogical.  Will never happen.  An individual's behaviour is not the responsibility of a club. Apportioning blame to clubs due to the colour of a dafties scarf is stupid.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

For Celtic it is, not for us, in the big scheme of things we need every point we can get and we have 5 extremely hard games coming up.

19 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Plod and other bedwetters are the ones hyping up the tension.

The hogmanay and cup semis of the last few years had more riding on then and little aftermath.  We're a nation of worriers.

Ps the old firm isn't even the most violent in the UK at the moment...  look at the man city bus incident.  If that had happened here they'd still be talking about it ten years later like world war three.

Strict liability is illogical.  Will never happen.  An individual's behaviour is not the responsibility of a club. Apportioning blame to clubs due to the colour of a dafties scarf is stupid.

Happens in other countries...  we should try it here..

If someone was shouting and singing sectarian songs in the Cinema, the cinema management would get them removed ... should be same at fitba...

It would soon stop the shite if the clubs were docked points...

14 minutes ago, stocky said:

Happens in other countries...  we should try it here..

If someone was shouting and singing sectarian songs in the Cinema, the cinema management would get them removed ... should be same at fitba...

It would soon stop the shite if the clubs were docked points...

I don't think that's what strict liability is.  They have to get rid of people now.  Strict liability means they have to pay for consequential damages cuased by the individual.  Ie if he knocked out someone's teeth, the assaulted would sue the cinema.  That's my understanding as far as I'm aware.

Surely a tough personal sentence is more of a deterrent than 3 points for the club.  All strict liability will do is lead to court disputes and the club's will win.

Also apart from anything else it's stupid.  How is it the cinemas fault the guy is a psycho?  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

10 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I don't think that's what strict liability is.  They have to get rid of people now.  Strict liability means they have to pay for consequential damages cuased by the individual.  Ie if he knocked out someone's teeth, the assaulted would sue the cinema.  That's my understanding as far as I'm aware.

Surely a tough personal sentence is more of a deterrent than 3 points for the club.  All strict liability will do is lead to court disputes and the club's will win.

Also apart from anything else it's stupid.  How is it the cinemas fault the guy is a psycho?  

You say they have to get rid of folk now... but they dont. the singing still happens..it wouldnt happen in a cinema because fitba is treated differently..

Surely Its the cinemas responsibility to ensure the safety of its patrons, ( they ensure its a safe building by regulation, they ensure its fire proof etc etc , to ensure customer safety)  fitba should be the same. 

Other countries do it.

we should try it and if after 5 years it hasnt worked, then we can make statement about , it doesnae work

To continue to do the same thing, will only result in the same result.

Edited by stocky

8 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Strict liability rules in Uefa cover a whole multitude of areas, not just fan disorder. The sanctions involved could include points deductions as Stocky suggests but more likely fines, section closures etc. 

My worry over it would be who is applying the rules and can they be trusted. Frankly I have zero confidence our ruling bodies would administer it fairly. 

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

Strict liability rules in Uefa cover a whole multitude of areas, not just fan disorder. The sanctions involved could include points deductions as Stocky suggests but more likely fines, section closures etc. 

My worry over it would be who is applying the rules and can they be trusted. Frankly I have zero confidence our ruling bodies would administer it fairly. 

It's the fan disorder one I think that is stupid.  Other things possibly the club's should take blame.

If the club does everything in its power to stop something and it happens, it shouldn't be blamed.  Individuals are responsible and should pay whatever penalty society deems fit.  Removal of season books, fines, jail time.  Whatever it is.  It's not Celtic i'm concerned about, it's smaller clubs that would be affected by the risk of strict liability as well.   

35 minutes ago, stocky said:

You say they have to get rid of folk now... but they dont. the singing still happens..it wouldnt happen in a cinema because fitba is treated differently..

Surely Its the cinemas responsibility to ensure the safety of its patrons, ( they ensure its a safe building by regulation, they ensure its fire proof etc etc , to ensure customer safety)  fitba should be the same. 

Other countries do it.

we should try it and if after 5 years it hasnt worked, then we can make statement about , it doesnae work

To continue to do the same thing, will only result in the same result.

the cinema does have a duty of care for the buildings etc.  And the clubs have that now as well.

It's the actions of individuals within premises i'm talking about.  What do other countries do exactly?  Fine clubs for individuals committing a crime?  Why not just fine the individual?

edited to add:  i could get it in relation to employees and law is well established for that.  but as much as fans think otherwise, they are just randoms that pay money to be somewhere.  they aren't 'the club'.  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

For Celtic it is, not for us, in the big scheme of things we need every point we can get and we have 5 extremely hard games coming up.

there's no glory in it though is there.  the semi final is the one neutrals will be watching yet bizarrely the authorities barely mention.

3 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

the cinema does have a duty of care for the buildings etc.  And the clubs have that now as well.

It's the actions of individuals within premises i'm talking about.  What do other countries do exactly?  Fine clubs for individuals committing a crime?  Why not just fine the individual?

edited to add:  i could get it in relation to employees and law is well established for that.  but as much as fans think otherwise, they are just randoms that pay money to be somewhere.  they aren't 'the club'.  

would they be 'The Company? '  then,,,   ;);)

Recently there has been a big importance attached to the difference... :P

I think the clubs would take it much more seriously if they were held accountable, 

what happens now if songs are sung.. Nothing, not a thing.... they are just sung again and again......

If they were fined or docked points every time it happened. they ( the club) and they ( the fans)  would try harder...

Changing nothing will change nothing.....

Lets try it and take it from there.......

If 5000 fans are singing unacceptable songs, close that stand the following game....  

I dont think its that difficult, its the Willingness to chance that is the problem

Take from Twitter - sums it up perfectly.....

A ref gets hit with a coin & a fan falls from top tier of stadium and it gets spoke about for the next 20 years.... fan runs on the park attacks brown, scott sinclair racially abused & celtic players hit with coins & batteries, forgot about 20 minutes later. 👍🏻

St Mirren only needing a point tonight to be first team in UK to win a league this season.

1-0 down at half time :wacko:

Over 2000 travelling fans there tonight, fine effort only 3 days after 2400 made the journey to Brechin on Saturday.  

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Take from Twitter - sums it up perfectly.....

A ref gets hit with a coin & a fan falls from top tier of stadium and it gets spoke about for the next 20 years.... fan runs on the park attacks brown, scott sinclair racially abused & celtic players hit with coins & batteries, forgot about 20 minutes later. 👍🏻

Did all that happen in one game?

i have forgotten all about it...

:lol:

Just now, slasher said:

No he is quite clearly talking about the Rangers game. Motherwell aren't relevant here👍 top 6 only :spin:

I wasn’t aware of the incident v Rangers.

Raging I don’t get to use the “YouTube or it didn’t happen” line.

:lol: