This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 96 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Thought the best team won and should have actually won by more. What impressed me most about Kilmarnock today and when we last played at Celtic Park is how intelligently they use the ball. They had ten men behind the ball on many an occasion but when they do get it, they try to play out and use the space rather than just launch it and thats testament to the manager.

A deserved win for Killie. I can only remember their keeper having one save to make and that was the late free kick from Ntcham. Killie should actually have had another one or two in the last ten minutes themselves.

Losing our two CBs in the first 20 minutes was never going to be a good thing. 

12 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

A deserved win for Killie. I can only remember their keeper having one save to make and that was the late free kick from Ntcham. Killie should actually have had another one or two in the last ten minutes themselves.

Losing our two CBs in the first 20 minutes was never going to be a good thing. 

Not sure why Rodgers didn't switch to a back 4 and bring Gamboa on. What we were doing wasn't working even at that point

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Great result Killie!

If Aberdeen didn't shite themselves each time had picked up half the points up for grabs against Rangers and Celtc then they'd be top. So frustrating 

If hibs didn’t shite it twice against Aberdeen, they would be clear in second place. So frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Has anyone heard from Kev Umnio?

He is plotting a way to get McCann into the boot of a cheap taxi.

Today was yet another dismal performance. We have given wins to Partick, Hamilton and now Ross County after long winless runs, we are very kind that way.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Just shows how little he rates Gamboa, despite being the one who signed him. A fit Ralston is above him in the pecking order.

Yeah I would agree with that, just thought it was the obvious change to make today. I turned down a ticket today as I’ve got the kids.....glad I missed it!

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Yeah I would agree with that, just thought it was the obvious change to make today. I turned down a ticket today as I’ve got the kids.....glad I missed it!

Lucky you, I was there and ran into a Killie fan I know at full time (who bizzarely comes from Port Glasgow!). Fair play to them though. They also applauded Ajer off the field which was decent of them.

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

I wonder if we’ll hear Levein greeting about referees today. Wotherspoon sent off when it should’ve been a free kick the other way. Wright is furious and will get into bother for sure for what he’s said. 

Both managers had plenty of justification for complaining about an utterly inept ref. A couple of the Hearts bookings were nonsense, while Wotherspoon was certainly unlucky. That aside the three worst games I've seen this season have been between these two teams, and yesterday's was (somehow) the worst of the three. Neither side deserved to win, if anything clubs should be docked points for dishing garbage like that up to the paying public. And they play each other again next week, so both managers can spend the week  concentrating on how to stop the other side playing.

5 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Both managers had plenty of justification for complaining about an utterly inept ref. A couple of the Hearts bookings were nonsense, while Wotherspoon was certainly unlucky. That aside the three worst games I've seen this season have been between these two teams, and yesterday's was (somehow) the worst of the three. Neither side deserved to win, if anything clubs should be docked points for dishing garbage like that up to the paying public. And they play each other again next week, so both managers can spend the week  concentrating on how to stop the other side playing.

It was awful wasn’t it, pitch and weather didn’t help but the performance of Dallas had to be seen to be believed. Combined with his two linesman they made baffling decision after baffling decision. Would like to see the second yellow again but he could have no complaints about the first. Smith was lucky to stay on for retaliation as was Davidson,  Souttars booking was laughable and even giving the most obvious of throw ins the wrong way. My daughter was mascot yesterday so I actually bumped into Dallas before the game and he came across as an arrogant tosser too.