This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 87 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

12 hours ago, macy37 said:

Sheep shat it once again.

Those throwing Del’s name around as our next national manager please refrain from doing so.

He’s flat lined and found his ceiling career wise.

Well it would be pretty hard for him to manage Scotland from inside Graeme Murty's back pocket!

Well, that was yet another disaster.  "The operation was a catastrophe and the patient died a very long and needlessly painful death."  We totally sh@t it again.

Not sure Mcinnes could have put out much of a different team (which is another issue altogether) but he doesn't seem to be able to motivate players for these games.

Christie and GMS showing again why they'll only ever play for clubs like Aberdeen.  Stewart can't be played wide. 

For more years than I care to remember Considine at left back has been a problem.  He was always makeshift and we got away with it for a wee while then bought Shinnie to fix the problem. However, we realised Shinnie needed to play in the middle, which is fine, but then all of a sudden expect Considine to find 5 yards of pace and we carry on with him at left back like nothing has happened.

And Rooney.  FFS.  He had about 6 months where he looked decent like a decent player then a couple of seasons being slow, unable to hold the ball, link up or have the intelligence to play others, however, scored pens and tap ins which were fed to him from Hayes and McGinn and basically managed to polish the turd.  He's beyond useless now.  

And just to top it off, Lewis gets injured and Shinnie gets a nothing booking meaning he now misses Hibs and Celtic! 

If Carslberg did Wed nights, it would look absolutely nothing like last night did.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Well, that was yet another disaster.  "The operation was a catastrophe and the patient died a very long and needlessly painful death."  We totally sh@t it again.

Not sure Mcinnes could have put out much of a different team (which is another issue altogether) but he doesn't seem to be able to motivate players for these games.

Christie and GMS showing again why they'll only ever play for clubs like Aberdeen.  Stewart can't be played wide. 

For more years than I care to remember Considine at left back has been a problem.  He was always makeshift and we got away with it for a wee while then bought Shinnie to fix the problem. However, we realised Shinnie needed to play in the middle, which is fine, but then all of a sudden expect Considine to find 5 yards of pace and we carry on with him at left back like nothing has happened.

And Rooney.  FFS.  He had about 6 months where he looked decent like a decent player then a couple of seasons being slow, unable to hold the ball, link up or have the intelligence to play others, however, scored pens and tap ins which were fed to him from Hayes and McGinn and basically managed to polish the turd.  He's beyond useless now.  

And just to top it off, Lewis gets injured and Shinnie gets a nothing booking meaning he now misses Hibs and Celtic! 

If Carslberg did Wed nights, it would look absolutely nothing like last night did.

Time for Mcinnes to make big decisions and possibly piss off some regular starters by dropping them. 

As much as it pains to say it about a big servant to the club, Considine is done. He was forced into Left back, he's done a half decent job there but against similar or better teams he just doesn't cut it. Its time to bring in some quality and string midfielders so Shinnie can move to left back again. If Arnason is not fit we need a good experienced centre half to partner Mckenna. 

Didn't Stewart play up front for Dundee? Maybe time to give him a go as rooney is off form and looks like he's pulling a caravan.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Where the dons hierarchy present at the loving cup ceremony with their brothers in blue?

Quite impressive that the on-pitch performance wasn't the most embarrassing part of the evening. 

20 minutes ago, slasher said:

Just out of curiosity.....what happens when Celtic are the first footers at Ibrox?

I have absolutely no idea.  I don't really know what the Loving Cup thing is all about if I'm honest, I just seen it mentioned elsewhere that some Aberdeen directors were at the ceremony.

Steve Clarke says what most fans are thinking.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Clarke has hit out at the “amateurish” Scottish Cup replay system after his Kilmarnock side’s schedule was ripped apart.

Killie were supposed to play St Johnstone at Rugby Park on Wednesday before entertaining Dundee the following midweek. 

The Killie boss believes the SFA have to re-think the system which allows clubs to pick and choose when they re-schedule cup ties. He said: “When you’re working through January in the winter break, it’s always in the back of your mind that there’s the chance of five games in a fortnight.

“So you prepare your team for that physically. Now we’ve lost both home games against St Johnstone and Dundee here at Rugby Park which is not ideal. “

“If you lose one of them because of a Scottish Cup replay, that’s fine, but I think the authorities in Scotland have to have a look at the organisation of their fixtures.  “Surely it makes sense to only have one replay date and everyone has to replay in that particular week.

“It’s really strange that you can decide when you play. It has cost us the two fixtures with St Johnstone and Dundee.

“It doesn’t seem quite right and, if I’m being honest, it seems a little bit amateurish.”

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Steve Clarke has hit out at the “amateurish” Scottish Cup replay system after his Kilmarnock side’s schedule was ripped apart.

Killie were supposed to play St Johnstone at Rugby Park on Wednesday before entertaining Dundee the following midweek. 

The Killie boss believes the SFA have to re-think the system which allows clubs to pick and choose when they re-schedule cup ties. He said: “When you’re working through January in the winter break, it’s always in the back of your mind that there’s the chance of five games in a fortnight.

“So you prepare your team for that physically. Now we’ve lost both home games against St Johnstone and Dundee here at Rugby Park which is not ideal. “

“If you lose one of them because of a Scottish Cup replay, that’s fine, but I think the authorities in Scotland have to have a look at the organisation of their fixtures.  “Surely it makes sense to only have one replay date and everyone has to replay in that particular week.

“It’s really strange that you can decide when you play. It has cost us the two fixtures with St Johnstone and Dundee.

“It doesn’t seem quite right and, if I’m being honest, it seems a little bit amateurish.”

I love that man so much it's actually embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Where the dons hierarchy present at the loving cup ceremony with their brothers in blue?

They did and drank heartily, to the queen. I threw up in my mouth at this point. Huns where creaming thereselves over it followed by a lovely rendition of rule boketannia

2 minutes ago, JasMc1973 said:

They did and drank heartily, to the queen. I threw up in my mouth at this point. Huns where creaming thereselves over it followed by a lovely rendition of rule boketannia

TBF that is the first time that I can think of where there has been anything more than a quiet round of applause. I think the "creaming" was a result of the Aberdeen fan's "what the f-ing hell is that" chant which was stopped abruptly and met with cheers when the Aberdeen board took a drink.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

A bunch of f ucking dumplins.

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't mind the chance to pick the date from one of two, since the first date is usually the next midweek which isn't a lot of time to sort out tickets etc. The real issue is making one of the dates the same midweek where there already fixtures arranged, that is just stupid.

22 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

TBF that is the first time that I can think of where there has been anything more than a quiet round of applause. I think the "creaming" was a result of the Aberdeen fan's "what the f-ing hell is that" chant which was stopped abruptly and met with cheers when the Aberdeen board took a drink.

Haud on a minute here....

I've never heard of this Loving Cup thing, but going by this thread it's something that's done every year? And this bit with the Aberdeen board - please tell me they weren't on the pitch too and took a drink of something from this 'cup'?!?

I'm hoping I've completely misread this whole thing.... 

Just now, McTeeko said:

Haud on a minute here....

I've never heard of this Loving Cup thing, but going by this thread it's something that's done every year? And this bit with the Aberdeen board - please tell me they weren't on the pitch too and took a drink of something from this 'cup'?!?

I'm hoping I've completely misread this whole thing.... 

It has been going on for years and happens at the first home game of every year. It isn't on the pitch, it is pre-match in one of the rooms at Ibrox and is shown on the screens at HT.

Here is the explanation behind it:

THE Directors of Rangers and Aberdeen will take part in the traditional Loving Cup ceremony in the Blue Room ahead of tonight’s match.

Found within the Ibrox Trophy Room, the Cup is one of only thirty cast from a unique mould to commemorate the coronation in May 1937 of Their Majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

The story of how it came into Rangers’ possession is part of the club’s folklore.

Identical Loving Cups were presented to the 22 English First Division clubs of the time, with the others going to the British Museum and various organisations.

Back then, as now, Rangers were recognised as one of the world’s great clubs and so it was that they were asked to participate in a special match to raise funds for the dependents of the miners who lost their lives in the Holditch Colliery Disaster in the Stoke area.

Manager Bill Struth accepted the invitation immediately and Stoke City President, Sir Francis Joseph, presented Rangers with the last of the Loving Cups after the match which finished goalless.

His one request was that the vessel should be used in perpetuity to drink to the health of the reigning monarch prior to the club’s first home match of every year.

So it is to this day, the New Year toast is celebrated in the Blue Room by the assembled directors and guests of Rangers and the visiting team at the first home game of the year.

2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It has been going on for years and happens at the first home game of every year. It isn't on the pitch, it is pre-match in one of the rooms at Ibrox and is shown on the screens at HT.

Here is the explanation behind it:

Does/did that include new year derbies against Celtc?