This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 84 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

First half there was absolutely hopeless defending especially from the Saints. The left back was a shambles and cost 2 of the 3 goals. 

Aberdeen were in total control in the second half sadly,  and GMS goal was an absolute screamer! 

Saints seemed half decent going forward, but terrible at the back, is it a case of scoring more than they’re conceding this season?

Dominant performance and happy with that after the pointless break. 

Stunning goal from gms and if May never got in the road of another goal bound effort, there could’ve been at least another to add to it. 

7 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Well it’s fair to say we’re miles behind the top teams in Scotland

Harsh JJ.

If being brutally honest I think we took full advantage of every chance we had and then just managed the game effectively. Thought St Mirren were good up front and in midfield. The score line flattered us a bit.  

Great away support in terms of voice and numbers. Only let down was your assistant manager acting like a bit of a clown with the home support - he embarrassed himself somewhat. 

3 hours ago, Scunnered said:

It wasn't pretty at all, but a wins a win.  My love for Steve Clarke continues to grow.  The things I'd let that man do to me are absolutely despicable!!!

Will need to see the pen again but it looked mega soft. Glad to get a decision in the Scottish Cup though it's been a howling tournament for us for 20 years now...

18 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Saints seemed half decent going forward, but terrible at the back, is it a case of scoring more than they’re conceding this season?

Dominant performance and happy with that after the pointless break. 

Stunning goal from gms and if May never got in the road of another goal bound effort, there could’ve been at least another to add to it. 

On the contrary DD. For the most part we’ve been pretty solid at the back. Yesterday was just a couple of calamitous errors that were properly punished. On another day we might have gotten away with them. Stelios isn’t our first choice left back. Eckersley who was on the bench having just come back from an injury is much more solid.

I actually thought we were rotten yesterday. Way below our best. So unlike JJ I wouldn’t suggest that it’s symptomatic of sone huge gap between us and the Premiership.

Anyway, JJ was sat in my hoose when he posted that and I think he was just hoping for a bit of reverse psychology to kick in. Didnae work! :lol:

13 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Harsh JJ.

If being brutally honest I think we took full advantage of every chance we had and then just managed the game effectively. Thought St Mirren were good up front and in midfield. The score line flattered us a bit.  

Great away support in terms of voice and numbers. Only let down was your assistant manager acting like a bit of a clown with the home support - he embarrassed himself somewhat. 

Surprised to hear that. James Fowler is usually a fairly level headed chap.

What did he do?

33 minutes ago, Marky said:

Surprised to hear that. James Fowler is usually a fairly level headed chap.

What did he do?

Ach not much really. He was having a go at linesman trying to get Considine a second yellow. He was told to “sit down and shut up” by fans behind the dug out and he got too involved in a spat with a few of them which ended up with him making sheep noises at them!!  All fun and fair, nothing abusive from anyone, but not something I’d expect an assistant manager to get involved in. 

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

Ach not much really. He was having a go at linesman trying to get Considine a second yellow. He was told to “sit down and shut up” by fans behind the dug out and he got too involved in a spat with a few of them which ended up with him making sheep noises at them!!  All fun and fair, nothing abusive from anyone, but not something I’d expect an assistant manager to get involved in. 

Sheep noises? :lol:

8 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Well, yes I know the sort of thing...as you say from an assistant manager..? :lol:

Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd. Like I say, there was nothing untoward or in any way abusive just odd for him to engage in that manner.

Edited by SMcoolJ

50 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Like you say, indubitably inappropriate, but is it ok if I have a wee giggle and feel secretly proud of him? :lol: