This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 82 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

If the top 6 stays as it is then we would have played each team in the top 6 at home twice and away once so 2 of Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Killie would have to visit Ibrox 3 times.

I can tell you one thing that definitely won’t happen!

:lol:

7 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Just got an email from Rangers with my away allocation for the rest of the pre-split games (only getting St Johnstone). It got me wondering who'd we play away after the split. If the top 6 stays as it is then we would have played each team in the top 6 at home twice and away once so 2 of Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Killie would have to visit Ibrox 3 times.

You think the Rangers will make the top 6?

On 03/01/2018 at 12:27 PM, Pool Q said:

A Hibs fan in my office just pointed out to me that Hearts fans sang a song about Shiels (and his eye) when he was at Hibs. Can’t honestly say I remember it, but not doubting him for a moment.

Celtic used to sing one too

On 04/01/2018 at 9:34 AM, shaggycoo said:

Does the highlighted bit not really cause the problem? I know nothing of Dean's background, how he came to lose his eye, but what if he decided rather than letting himself be defined by the loss of his eye he decided to carry on playing football and chose not to register disabled then in the eyes (poor choice, I know) of the law Dean is not thought of as disabled as it is not official?? I also thought that having 2 eyes enabled depth perception, how would that work with only 1 eye??

You lose your depth perception and have to retrain it essentially. 

My dad lost sight in one eye and said he used to walk in to door frames etc initially. He taught himself again by standing in a gym hall and throwing a ball off the wall and catching at various distances with both hands and going back to the start if he dropped it. Can't see 3D films etc doesn't work

6 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Celtic used to sing one too

You lose your depth perception and have to retrain it essentially. 

My dad lost sight in one eye and said he used to walk in to door frames etc initially. He taught himself again by standing in a gym hall and throwing a ball off the wall and catching at various distances with both hands and going back to the start if he dropped it. Can't see 3D films etc doesn't work

Personally I think the furore over this, especially from the SPFA is an absolute piss take when you consider the filth that is sung in this country on a weekly basis. 👍

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Personally I think the furore over this, especially from the SPFA is an absolute piss take when you consider the filth that is sung in this country on a weekly basis. 👍

I don’t find it a piss take however I do find it strange that it’s being singled out yet happenings of a week ago have not even been mentioned in MSM never mind by any authorities.

Actually, I don’t find it strange but you get the Idea of what I’m saying I’m sure?

16 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Just got an email from Rangers with my away allocation for the rest of the pre-split games (only getting St Johnstone). It got me wondering who'd we play away after the split. If the top 6 stays as it is then we would have played each team in the top 6 at home twice and away once so Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Killie would have to visit Ibrox 3 times.

No chance in hell Celtic will visit Ibrox 3 times in a season so that leaves the above. You would like to think that if Rangers are in the midst of a tussle for 2nd or 3rd then their opponents would be afforded the opportunity of a 2nd home game.....

7 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

No chance in hell Celtic will visit Ibrox 3 times in a season so that leaves the above. You would like to think that if Rangers are in the midst of a tussle for 2nd or 3rd then their opponents would be afforded the opportunity of a 2nd home game.....

What odds would you give on Celtic being one of the two from five that have to go to Ibrox three times? Start at about a million to one? All perfectly fair though.

If they happen to find the culprits that threw the fake eyes surely they should expect the same sentence as the players eg least 4 game ban,most 8 game ban

The furore in the press/ media about throwing the book at the culprits is laughable if you look at the punishment handed out to the players who verbally abused  Shiels

11 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

If they happen to find the culprits that threw the fake eyes surely they should expect the same sentence as the players eg least 4 game ban,most 8 game ban

The furore in the press/ media about throwing the book at the culprits is laughable if you look at the punishment handed out to the players who verbally abused  Shiels

That’s actually a fair point in a way.

:lol:

Definitely get 5 year to life bans if identified.

3 hours ago, Marky said:

The Mighty Buds go marching on while united get royally spanked at relegation threatened Falkirk. 

I think without Fyvie and Fraser our promotion bid is looking over. Probably our worst result in 40 years I’ve supported the club. 

3 hours ago, Mox said:

I spent that whole game yesterday and afterwards thinking Pollok had played and scudded Auchinleck. I hadn't even touched a drop before or after the game, so no excuses.

Fair play on the confession. It's apparently good for the soul. 😀 

Not that I'd know. 😉