This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 80 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

10 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Never a red in my opinion and the Aberdeen players actually chased down the ref and put pressure on him.

I've got access to the whole game on Red TV.

I've seen the incident 30 times, and what you are saying just isn't true.

Wright (who is approx. 15 years old) was the only one to actually say anything, and the ref was too busy getting himself in the middle of things to even take it in.

Shinnie, being the recipient of that awful tackle, acts like the intelligent true hero one would hope their captain would act.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We are consistently inconsistent therefore I think your summary is bang on. 

Your squad size and quality should see you safely to the title but major surgery will be required if you don't want another season of Champions League humpings. 

Aye, apart from left back the whole defence needs revamped at the very least, hopefully Commper will make a difference.

Best Wishes defending the know trouble maker.

GP10186927.jpg

Lafferty feigned injury from a headbutt as Mulgrew squared up to him to take issue with a bad tackle.

The Northern Irishman was pilloried for his antics – even more so when he was caught on camera winking at his Ibrox team-mates as Mulgrew was wrongly sent off.

Lafferty was retrospectively given a two-game ban with Mulgrew’s red card rescinded after video evidence.

(Yeah, but AFC still had to play with 10 men from 17 minutes on.)

On 30/12/2017 at 5:26 PM, Donaldo87 said:

Motherwell are in big trouble the now :(

Don't think I've ever looked forward to a winter break just to have a break from losing. Some come down from a cup final against Celtic a month ago. 

Mind you don't see the point in the break when we have six games in 18 days when we get back.

Yeah, it’s been pretty grim recently.

I think without a genuine match winner in Louis Moult, we’re really going to struggle.

Glad to get a few weeks to hopefully get everyone back fit.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I heard it on the underground on Wednesday.

Was just a few neds in their early 20s, and a couple of folk did half heartedly tell them to wrap it.

If they're in their early twenties then they're all the man they'll ever be, which appears to be not one at all. 

Another reason for not using the underground on match day. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Aye, apart from left back the whole defence needs revamped at the very least, hopefully Commper will make a difference.

An experienced defender from the Bundesliga should be able to organise the defence at least. He won't need to be able to run if he's mentally sharp as Davie Weir proved for years. 

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I heard it on the underground on Wednesday.

Was just a few neds in their early 20s, and a couple of folk did half heartedly tell them to wrap it.

They’ve conducted well to the 6k horrendous bastards who sung it with gusto yesterday. You know....the minority.

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Renfrewshire Derby live on BBC Alba today 3PM for anyone interested.

Large support expected thru from Paisley, could be a good game.

Great result, coupled with United’s comfortable win over Brechin and it’s all to play for again.  Long way to go, both teams will drop lots of points between now and the end of the season.  

Huge blow for United to lose both Fyvie and Fraser for the rest of the season, they’ve been our two best players by a distance.  Will need to reinforce wisely in Jan. 

I remember Morton bought a stand from Love Street when it closed down, or was it just a roof from one of the stands? I think they were going to put it up in the away end at Cappilow. This was a number of years ago they bought it now.

What ever happened to that?

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Great result, coupled with United’s comfortable win over Brechin and it’s all to play for again.  Long way to go, both teams will drop lots of points between now and the end of the season.  

Huge blow for United to lose both Fyvie and Fraser for the rest of the season, they’ve been our two best players by a distance.  Will need to reinforce wisely in Jan. 

Believe McMullan got a red for an embarrassing dive too when we were 4-1 up? Unbelievable.

5 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

I remember Morton bought a stand from Love Street when it closed down, or was it just a roof from one of the stands? I think they were going to put it up in the away end at Cappilow. This was a number of years ago they bought it now.

What ever happened to that?

I think it's still lying in a yard behind the away end.

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

Plastic eyes thrown on the park at Dean Shiels today from Falkirk fans. 

Pretty horrible thing to do.

Pre-meditateted too which makes it so much worse.

Anyone got any insight? Was it one idiot throwing a handful, or was it more like the Sevilla tennis ball protest.

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Pretty horrible thing to do.

Pre-meditateted too which makes it so much worse.

Anyone got any insight? Was it one idiot throwing a handful, or was it more like the Sevilla tennis ball protest.

Ahem.....

Agreed though, it's very poor behaviour and embarrassing for Falkirk.

18 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Ahem.....

Agreed though, it's very poor behaviour and embarrassing for Falkirk.

Very poor doesn't cover it. They're mocking someone with a disability. 

Would it just be "poor" if they mocked someone with Cerebral Palsy and the way they spoke? 

It's basically the same thing and anyone doing this is every hit as bad as the bigots that drag their knuckles through the gates at Ibrox. 

Disgusting individuals who deserve to be weeded out by the club. Have Falkirk started an investigation yet? 

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Very poor doesn't cover it. They're mocking someone with a disability. 

Would it just be "poor" if they mocked someone with Cerebral Palsy and the way they spoke? 

It's basically the same thing and anyone doing this is every hit as bad as the bigots that drag their knuckles through the gates at Ibrox. 

Disgusting individuals who deserve to be weeded out by the club. Have Falkirk started an investigation yet? 

They're looking into it....

Where does the line get drawn these days, no more who ate all the pies chants? Gingers still fair game? Cowdenbeath fans still inbreeding?

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Along with other problems amongst the crowds who attend games in Scotland It’ll be swept under the carpet as “banter”.

Too many would accept that I fear. I agree with RB’s post above, can’t be tolerated (I was unaware of the previous incident involving players). Falkirk have said they are working with Dunfermline to identify those responsible and I hope they can. Life bans should follow.

Edited by Pool Q