This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 77 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

27 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Who assessed out the fixture lists in the SPL and found it sensible to have Ross County away to Partick Thistle? Surely a head to head between County and Aberdeen and Thistle and Hearts would have made more sense ?

Not much difference between travel time between Aberdeen and Dingwall and Glasgow and Dingwall, to be fair. 

7 hours ago, adamntg said:

I’ve just watched most of the game back on BT cos I’m sad like that, and also it’s Christmas and I’ve wine to drink and I think I’ve been a little harsh on Utd. Until Flood’s injury and Morgan’s goal It was eeksy peeksy.  If only that pen had gone in and maybe Magennis gets his red card, then it’s a different game. 

And if my uncle had tits etc 

I thought generally Utd shaded a scrappy first half. There wasn’t much in it but I’d say they shaded it by virtue of looking the more likely to score.

Second half we dominated and I think thoroughly deserved the win.

So glad Morgan will be staying till the end of the season. He will be crucial to our promotion push. 

I was worried before the game last night when I saw Gavin Reilly was injured. A good sign though when you can beat your closest rivals 2-0 without your top scorer. 

Just now, EddardStark said:

Fair enough.. Just trying to show empathy with my fellow football fans ^_^

I thought you just were doing the classic central belter thing of thinking all they teucther places were next to each other ;) 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

I thought generally Utd shaded a scrappy first half. There wasn’t much in it but I’d say they shaded it by virtue of looking the more likely to score.

Second half we dominated and I think thoroughly deserved the win.

So glad Morgan will be staying till the end of the season. He will be crucial to our promotion push. 

I was worried before the game last night when I saw Gavin Reilly was injured. A good sign though when you can beat your closest rivals 2-0 without your top scorer. 

United very poor second half and looks like we’re going to be struggling for experienced players with all the injuries mounting up. 6 teenagers on bench last night and many of them might have to play in next few games unless we can buy 2 or 3 players. Really struggling in midfield with Fyvie out and looks like Flood and Fraser picked up bad ones last night

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Rightly so. 

I don't see anyone claiming this game is any better. 

Apart from Sky and numerous Facebook and Twitter posts

These players are getting paid 4or5 times as much as the Hibs and Hearts players. Add in the fact that neither Hibs nor Hearts fans scream from the rooftops to anyone with the ability to hear about how the Edinburgh derby is the biggest game in the world

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Take away the religious element which surrounds this fixture and all the pish, shite and onions that occurs in the streets, pubs and households as a result then it's no bigger than a say Newcastle v Sunderland

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Apart from Sky and numerous Facebook and Twitter posts

These players are getting paid 4or5 times as much as the Hibs and Hearts players. Add in the fact that neither Hibs nor Hearts fans scream from the rooftops to anyone with the ability to hear about how the Edinburgh derby is the biggest game in the world

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Take away the religious element which surrounds this fixture and all the pish, shite and onions that occurs in the streets, pubs and households as a result then it's no bigger than a say Newcastle v Sunderland

All any game is, is the hype. The OF game has the most as it has the biggest history and most trophies based on the results. 

Let's face it, the Hibs v Hearts game very, very rarely decides a trophy. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

All any game is, is the hype. The OF game has the most as it has the biggest history and most trophies based on the results. 

Let's face it, the Hibs v Hearts game very, very rarely decides a trophy. 

Let's face it, the history of Rangers v Celtic has very little to do with football

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The only positives I can take is we remain unbeaten and Broony is the Godfather...still.

Achhhh dropping points to they horrible bastards at New Year isn’t good but sometimes you need to share with those in need.

I was surprised how poor Celtic were. We are pretty mince but shaded the second half and fully deserved a draw at least. 

The game today had a lot more going for it than the Hearts v Hibs game. Plenty of chances and some excellent goalkeeping. I would hardly blame Morelos for 2/3 of his clear chances. On both occasions Gordon made excellent saves. Overall we deserved our draw and players like McCrorie and Bates stepped up when it mattered. Wallace, Dorrans and Jack were missing but I dont think their presence would have changed the result today. 

Edited by EddardStark

Some of the dross we served up today can be explained away.......too many games, too much chopping and changing in key areas. But some cannot, i.e Lustig. Absolutely rank and has been for years. The next Celtic fan who goes on about what a card he is or he 'gets us' I'm going to remind them of how shite he was today and not for the first time. Two years ago he managed to make Barrie McKay look like Ronaldhino.

The only positives today were the fact we didn't lose and the performance of Ajer.

PS well done to Rangers, unlucky not to win it

Edited by slasher