This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 68 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Watch for how many times John McGinn gives the ball away

He does indeed give it away a lot.  I wonder if that is in part because he's the only one taking any responsibility? Saw a debate on Twitter the other night suggesting McGeough was better than him. Can't believe it's even a debate. McGeough was anonymous today and in games I saw this week. I still think McGinn is a very decent player, he needs some help.  

Easily our best performance of the season. GMS obvious stand out but Shinnie and McKenna were brilliant. 

17 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

On a side note, Jack played today. Thought he'd been given a 3 match ban? Did he get paroled?

Would the additional games kick in later, like the bans for getting a certain number of cautions?

e.g. 1 immediate, then the further two kick in later?

EDIT: Just checked, 2 immediate, with the additional game for it being his 2nd sending off kicking in like the bans for reaching six cautions do.

Edited by Cove_Sheep

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

He does indeed give it away a lot.  I wonder if that is in part because he's the only one taking any responsibility? Saw a debate on Twitter the other night suggesting McGeough was better than him. Can't believe it's even a debate. McGeough was anonymous today and in games I saw this week. I still think McGinn is a very decent player, he needs some help.  

Easily our best performance of the season. GMS obvious stand out but Shinnie and McKenna were brilliant. 

Arguably our best performance in the last 12-18 months. 

Very impressive and simply didn’t let hibs get involved in the game. 

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Scotland fans favourite Levein to end Celtics unbeaten run today playing a 4-6-0 ?

Since the start of the league season (5th August) Hearts have scored more than 1 goal in a game on only 3 occasions and one of them was last week against Dundee

On all known form - if Celtic dont win comfortably then there is something wrong

13 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'm not saying that John McGinn is a bad player, what pisses me off is a lot of Hibs fans think he along with Anthony Stokes are above criticism. Fraser Fyvie got dogs abuse for the amount of times he gave the ball away but because they sing a song about him they dare'nt say anything negative towards SJM

I tend to agree that McGeouch is Hibs best player. The only thing with him though ,forbye a lack of goals from him, is until now he's never been fit and you're lucky if he'd ever played 3/4 games on the bounce. If he was fully fit then he wouldn't be anywhere near Hibs

Edited by DoonTheSlope

That's what happens you take the game to them. Unlike Hibs who only turned up at 2-0 down both at Easter Road and Hampden and Aberdeen who never turn up at all against them

They can't cope with teams running at them and Gordon is rank rotten

Edited by DoonTheSlope

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Since the start of the league season (5th August) Hearts have scored more than 1 goal in a game on only 3 occasions and one of them was last week against Dundee

On all known form - if Celtic dont win comfortably then there is something wrong

:lol: