This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 61 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

36 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I know you don't like Rangers and you're also no longer a fan of Jack and I think that's clouding your opinion. 

Im not viewing this with team bias. I'm able to manage that quite nicely thanks. If the roles were reversed I'd be defending May and calling Jack a coward. 

It's about wanting football to be competitive. 

I'm assuming that both of the recent Celtic penalties were stonewallers in your opinion since there was contact? 

Rangers have now appealed and we shall find out soon enough. 

The football is dead line is my opinion. I'll no longer be watching if contact isn't allowed. It just won't be interesting. 

Nah, neither of those were penalties. 

Dermot Gallagher on sky sports today saying it was a blatant red and excellent decision. Another ex-ref in the Scotsman saying the same. 

They must be letting their dislike of rangers and jack cloud their judgement :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nah, neither of those were penalties. 

Dermot Gallagher on sky sports today saying it was a blatant red and excellent decision. Another ex-ref in the Scotsman saying the same. 

They must be letting their dislike of rangers and jack cloud their judgement :lol: 

Obviously they must be pals of yours then, eh? 😉

12 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

There’s no doubt that 30 years ago no-one would be complaining about jack’s tackle but the fact that he’s not allowed to make it is completely linked to how may went in. In a climate where that kind of tackle is outlawed a player shouldn’t have to worry about defending himself as he shouldn’t expect a foot to be left in.

You might be right that it’s spoiling football but there is a whole generation of fans who have grown up with things the way they are. I’d say I’m on the cusp at 37 of knowing how it was in the “old days” but also seeing how it is in the modern game and I bet if you ask most teenagers if they want to see Ronaldo, messi etc doing their stuff or if they’d prefer Terry hurlock, Peter grant, or Ryan jack (😜) trying to break their legs then there would only be one choice.

apologies if I’ve gone into more than just your quote above but I’m aware we’re quoting each other in two separate but related conversations so tried to tie them back together.

I'm an old fart at 49 but I've been involved in youth football all my days. 

I concentrate on making the boys better with the ball at their feet and their positioning and teamwork but I also show them how to protect themselves and how to tackle properly. 

I don't want anyone injured but if there's a challenge I want them to compete. 

Thanks for bringing the 2 threads together. Every time I try and multi quote on my phone it goes wrong and butchers the text. 

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

No dive from Sinclair-Media outcry.
No dive from McGregor-Media outcry.
Player stands on ball, gets penalty-Media silent. 
2 players offside at a goal-Media silent.
Blatant dive by Windass-Media silent.
Assault on May-Media blame May.

Cheers Pete :ok:

I find it utterly astonishing that there are people of both a blue and red persuasion defending Jack, it was a horrific challenge that quite easily could have ended up with May being on the end of a very serious injury. 

No surprise to see those defending Jack mind you, the Tambs very own 'yer da' mob bemoaning how 'the games gone' 'its a mans game' etc, stuck in a timewarp with not the faintest clue about modern football. Jack is a coward, a player that disguises his lack of technical ability by acting the big man, he is a helmet of a boy and I look forward to his appearance at Celtic Park on the 30th.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

You don't half talk mince. 

Windass was correctly booked for diving and hopefully got Murtys boot up his backside so he doesn't do it again. Why would the media obsess over a correct decision that wasn't debatable? 

Sinclair admitted diving so should be up in front of the beaks for his cheating. 

I don't think McGregor dived but I also don't think it was a penalty. That's possible although the media find it hard to understand this. As do you apparently. 

I don't know what media are blaming May as I don't read the papers and haven't seen a single online story blaming him, so please enlighten me. I blame May, not for the red card, but for getting himself hurt. If he wasn't a shitebag he'd have been fine. 

If you mean the Rangers third in midweek it was offside, definitely. However I can see how it could be missed if the linesman is gash. Taverneir was running in as the defence came out. It's not really an excuse as the lino was up with play but that made it a slightly harder decision, I think. Every report I've seen of the game has said offside as has every radio and TV report. So not silent, just you ignoring facts that don't fit your pathetic conspiracy keech. 

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

I find it utterly astonishing that there are people of both a blue and red persuasion defending Jack, it was a horrific challenge that quite easily could have ended up with May being on the end of a very serious injury. 

No surprise to see those defending Jack mind you, the Tambs very own 'yer da' mob bemoaning how 'the games gone' 'its a mans game' etc, stuck in a timewarp with not the faintest clue about modern football. Jack is a coward, a player that disguises his lack of technical ability by acting the big man, he is a helmet of a boy and I look forward to his appearance at Celtic Park on the 30th.

Bed wetting of the highest order. Congratulations. 

Try actually reading my posts and not making up keech to fit your own version of the green tinted world. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Lead to a penalty and red card that ended what had become a decent cup final as a spectacle.

Allowed Celtic to equalise to rob Motherwell of a victory (off the back of point 1, amplifying it)

Dont know what that one is?

Theres nothing really to discuss, it was miles off, 3rd goal in a 3-0 pumping, so not game changing.

Windass booked for diving and roundly ridiculed, what further response are you wanting?

Think the discussion on the Jack red card is purely as it’s divided opinion, as can be seen on this thread, with Partick Thistle fans saying it’s the worst they’ve ever seen and Aberdeen fans saying it was a booking at worst...

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Jack is a coward, a player that disguises his lack of technical ability by acting the big man, he is a helmet of a boy and I look forward to his appearance at Celtic Park on the 30th.

He’s just not as sleekit as the master plastic hard man Scott Brown.

:ok:

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

fixed for you

:lol:

I omitted my rant about his inability to get booked, as he got booked after 11 minutes on Saturday.

He did rugby tackle someone, then pull a knife from his sock and bludgeon the player to death before spitting on the referee when he came to have a word. (Well I presume that’s what happened for him to get booked in the first half?)

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

I omitted my rant about his inability to get booked, as he got booked after 11 minutes on Saturday.

He did rugby tackle someone, then pull a knife from his sock and bludgeon the player to death before spitting on the referee when he came to have a word. (Well I presume that’s what happened for him to get booked in the first half?)

Pretty harsh booking. Can they appeal it?

1 hour ago, jailender said:

3 match ban for Jack.

Didn't expect to get it overturned. However people suggesting that Jack had enough time to take his foot away are at it. Even in the slo mo replays there is about half a second between Jack playing the ball and making contact with May. If there is enough time for Jack to get his foot away then why is May still attempting to make the tackle so long after the ball is gone?

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Didn't expect to get it overturned. However people suggesting that Jack had enough time to take his foot away are at it. Even in the slo mo replays there is about half a second between Jack playing the ball and making contact with May. If there is enough time for Jack to get his foot away then why is May still attempting to make the tackle so long after the ball is gone?

May’s fault for having his leg crunched? FFS. :lol:

8 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Are you on glue?

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

Are you on glue?

Only on Tuesdays. But what is wrong with what I said? People are saying Jack has time to play the ball and get out of the way, but then surely May has time to get out of the challenge?

For me there is not enough time for either player to do it, it ends up a sore one for May and a justified red card for Jack.

44 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Only on Tuesdays. But what is wrong with what I said? People are saying Jack has time to play the ball and get out of the way, but then surely May has time to get out of the challenge?

For me there is not enough time for either player to do it, it ends up a sore one for May and a justified red card for Jack.

Jack aimed his foot it was no accident.

59 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I don't think anyone is saying that. However, the reason Jack had no time is because he had decided he was going through May irrespective of what May did. It was a clear and cowardly attempt to hurt an opposing player.

Some would say he was fully concomitant!

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I don't think anyone is saying that. However, the reason Jack had no time is because he had decided he was going through May irrespective of what May did. It was a clear and cowardly attempt to hurt an opposing player.

Some would say he was fully concomitant!

I was reacting to a lot of posts I was reading on twitter saying that Jack had time to pull out of the challenge but didn't then responded on here saying that I didn't expect it to get recinded but then continued with my reaction to the twitter posts.

The good thing about losing this appeal is that it will likely save us money on future appeals as he can't get sent off in the next 3 games

2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I was reacting to a lot of posts I was reading on twitter saying that Jack had time to pull out of the challenge but didn't then responded on here saying that I didn't expect it to get recinded but then continued with my reaction to the twitter posts.

The good thing about losing this appeal is that it will likely save us money on future appeals as he can't get sent off in the next 3 games

Very true!!

He wasn't a dirty player and definitely wasn't a hard man while at Dons. Wonder if, as a result of moving to Rangers, he's developed some sort of arrogance that makes him think he can behave how he wants?  If true, it's something that isn't helping him and certainly not helping Rangers.