This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 58 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

25 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Just seen the table and I was surprised to see if Rangers had won those two games (games they were expected to win) they’d be just 1 point behind Celtic.

That's the most galling thing about those results. Despite being mince we're not that far behind Celtic, although they do have a game in hand. 

3 hours ago, Big Col said:

Jack red card

https://streamable.com/klk3c

Jack's 4th red card for Rangers and it will be the 3rd one that'll be rescinded. 

Collum has made the decision based on May going down. 

If May actually commits to the tackle he'd have been fine but because he's a shitebag he got what he deserved. 

Embarrassing decision for the ref yet again. 

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Jack's 4th red card for Rangers and it will be the 3rd one that'll be rescinded. 

If May actually commits to the tackle he'd have been fine but because he's a shitebag he got what he deserved. 

May? Was he not signing of the season according to many? Been on fire right enough eh?

51 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Just seen the table and I was surprised to see if Rangers had won those two games (games they were expected to win) they’d be just 1 point behind Celtic.

It’s and buts. 

If we took chances in games we drew we would win.

id still be confident of a 13 point gap come New Year’s Day. 

Gers next game is the dreaded third game. Will the rot end?

19 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Even one of ra peepul big gets man Kris Boyd says it was a penalty. He went through May. 

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Correct. We need to stop discussing how shite our refs are. It’s the only dead cert every week. I don’t think it will be rescinded though, embarrassing for the SFA if it is. 

35 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's the most galling thing about those results. Despite being mince we're not that far behind Celtic, although they do have a game in hand. 

Many a person has said aberdeen have been shite all season, of Aberdeen won all the games this season that should’ve, we would be at least 6 points ahead of Celtic, but that’s not how football works. 

30 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Agreed, ball was there to be won, Jack won the ball with the side of his foot, his follow through has to go somewhere, he can’t simply stop what he’s doing. 

Edited by dandydunn

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Many a person has said aberdeen have been shite all season, of Aberdeen won all the games this season that should’ve, we would be at least 6 points ahead of Celtic, but that’s not how football works. 

Agreed, ball was there to be won, Jack won the ball with the side of his foot, his follow through has to go somewhere, he can’t simply stop what he’s doing. 

You are right. Aberdeen and Rangers fcukin it up. Not the other way round. 

Well done you, I’ve had mixed messages about it, still on way home but take your word for it. 

44 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure May "deserved" anything. I think your comments are a bit over the top - like Jack's tackle. He tried to be cute, following through with studs up half way down May's shin. Pretty straightforward red for me. Cowardly tackle, but hey, that's Jack all over. 

49 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

0% chance that’ll be rescinded. 

Good to see you show your true colours though :ok: 

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Thought it was poor myself - criticising Kris Commons while not taking the opportunity to quash the speculation shows him in a poor light.

He has quashed it in the past, but on radio he didn’t today. Worrying as fcuk. What did he say on tele?

Edited by BlueGaz

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Red card all day long. Playing the ball first isn't a defence these days and hasn't been for a long time. You can't catch a player that high up his leg with that amount of force and expect to stay on the park. I presume if you think it wasn't a red card then it wasn't actually a foul at all?

Jack was having (another) very good game until then and he was lucky he didn't cost his team the win.

1 minute ago, wee-toon-red said:

Red card all day long. Playing the ball first isn't a defence these days and hasn't been for a long time. You can't catch a player that high up his leg with that amount of force and expect to stay on the park. I presume if you think it wasn't a red card then it wasn't actually a foul at all?

Jack was having (another) very good game until then and he was lucky he didn't cost his team the win.

It’s called momentum, do you honestly expect him to win the ball and just stop his leg in mid air?

He wasn’t lucky that it didn’t cost them the points, we were pathetic again, the sooner that people realise this and stop trying to paper up cracks, the better. 

We had a guy with a left foot on the right and a guy with a right foot on the left, both cutting in everytime tool any penetration out of attacking play. 

Mcinnes is to blame for these performances, no one else, we've shat it by the way we’ve played, again. 

It’s simply not good enough. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rescinded? Red card all day long. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

It’s called momentum, do you honestly expect him to win the ball and just stop his leg in mid air?

He wasn’t lucky that it didn’t cost them the points, we were pathetic again, the sooner that people realise this and stop trying to paper up cracks, the better. 

We had a guy with a left foot on the right and a guy with a right foot on the left, both cutting in everytime tool any penetration out of attacking play. 

Mcinnes is to blame for these performances, no one else, we've shat it by the way we’ve played, again. 

It’s simply not good enough. 

Not sure where you think I was trying to make out we were anything less that pish?

Also, if his momentum was unavoidably going to smash him into May then he shouldn't have made the tackle, that's the whole point. Anyone who's followed football for years might disagree whether that's the way it should be or not, but that's how it is.

17 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Not sure where you think I was trying to make out we were anything less that pish?

Also, if his momentum was unavoidably going to smash him into May then he shouldn't have made the tackle, that's the whole point. Anyone who's followed football for years might disagree whether that's the way it should be or not, but that's how it is.

He was at least 2 yards closer to the ball than May was, should he just not want to win the ball? What would be your opinion of an aberdeen player that didn’t make a challenge that was minimum 60/40 in his favour?

I know what mine would be. 

16 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Can you call it a tackle? He had possession of the ball and then played it then made contact with May after he had passed the ball. May was never going to get the ball so should he have attempted the tackle?

27 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

McIness has appealed it apparently.