This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Luck with refs? Haha good one. Hamilton away springs to mind

last night- miller on McLean then miller again on shinnie. Both bookable offences, in fact the first where he barged into McLean could have been a red, nothing said. Ryan Jack was given free reign and windass took a swipe at O’Connor. Mcrorie takes Christie out nothing said, with seconds O’Connor tangles with John, he’s booked. Ryan Jack cleans May out,nothing said, seconds later shinnie booked for a challenge.

last night was a shocking performance by Dallas, he clearly favoured Rangers. Mcinnes lost us that match, the ref just made sure of it. I don’t know if it’s bias, incompetence or fear of reprisals if he was to punish rangers players.......whatever it is it gave one team an advantage.

In one moment i witnessed perhaps the most blatant incompetence/cheating from a referee that i've ever seen tonight, Kenny Miller misplaces a pass and the ball runs straight out the pitch. Linesman flags for a throw-in to Aberdeen. Kenny Miller runs over to get the ball and takes a throw-in himself. Ref allows play to continue. Utterly, utterly bizarre. 

No excuses here though, McInnes beat us tonight, no one else. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

In one moment i witnessed perhaps the most blatant incompetence/cheating from a referee that i've ever seen tonight, Kenny Miller misplaces a pass and the ball runs straight out the pitch. Linesman flags for a throw-in to Aberdeen. Kenny Miller runs over to get the ball and takes a throw-in himself. Ref allows play to continue. Utterly, utterly bizarre. 

I don’t think referees are dishonest. Just weak, it’s easy to give decisions against likes of Aberdeen or Motherwell and there’s no consequences for getting it wrong.

I don’t think I’ve ever left fir park feeling as robbed as last night. I’ve seen worse decisions, seen us lose out to later goals, even lose a penalty shoot out to Alloa, but off the back of Sunday with the chance to end Celtics run, and for Sinclair to take the penalty to add insult to injury, that was a sore one to take.

Edited by sbcmfc

Aye, poor wee Motherwell 😏

I'm hearing from friends who were at the game of objects thrown on the pitch at Lustig and Griffiths, racist and sectarian abuse hurled in the direction of Sinclair and paedo and child abuse chants.

Community club my arse!

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye, poor wee Motherwell 😏

I'm hearing from friends who were at the game of objects thrown on the pitch at Lustig and Griffiths, racist and sectarian abuse hurled in the direction of Sinclair and paedo and child abuse chants.

Community club my arse!

I should really take a leaf out of the online Celtic fan book, deflect, deny and attempt to justify.

:lol:

There were definitely objects thrown on the pitch, mostly coins.

I really wish morons that do things like that wouldn’t come to fir park, it’s needless, idiotic and dangerous. Scumbag behaviour.

The paedo chants are pretty tasteless, not something I’d be joining in with.

Didn't hear the racist and sectarian abuse, I suspect that’s been flung in to trump up the charges.

41 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think referees are dishonest. Just weak, it’s easy to give decisions against likes of Aberdeen or Motherwell and there’s no consequences for getting it wrong.

I don’t think I’ve ever left fir park feeling as robbed as last night. I’ve seen worse decisions, seen us lose out to later goals, even lose a penalty shoot out to Alloa, but off the back of Sunday with the chance to end Celtics run, and for Sinclair to take the penalty to add insult to injury, that was a sore one to take.

As you know, i'm no lover of Motherwell... However, if i were a Motherwell fan i'd be so furious at the last week. First cup final in years and that happened, then completely cheated last night. What's the point in even playing the games? 

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm hearing from friends who were at the game of objects thrown on the pitch at Lustig

Not a defence if things were thrown at him (mind when folk made up he was spat on by Hearts fans at Tynecastle last season and folk on here were passing it off as a fact that it'd happened?) but he's the biggest khunt in Scottish football. Continually goads opposition fans. 

The moment I saw that Aberdeen line up last night I lost all optimism for the game.

McInnes needs to stick to 4-2-3-1 as Considine hasn't the attributes to play wing back leaving us massively exposed down that side. He can't play both Considine, Arnason and McKenna as they are all slow. At least one needs to come out but I'd take 2. Probably take out Considine and McKenna although it would be harsh on McKenna. Really struggling to think what he does out wide with Christie being suspended. I would try Stewart down one wing and Wright the other.

I hope he'll play something similar to this on Sunday

Lewis

Logan Aranson Reynolds Shinnie

O'Connor McLean

Stewart May Wright

Rooney

22 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I should really take a leaf out of the online Celtic fan book, deflect, deny and attempt to justify.

I really wish morons that do things like that wouldn’t come to fir park, it’s needless, idiotic and dangerous. Scumbag behaviour.

Didn't hear the racist and sectarian abuse, I suspect that’s been flung in to trump up the charges.

You're usually one of the "just because you didn't hear it, doesn't mean it didn't happen" mob but now you suspect something was "flung in" despite loads of Celtic fans reporting it. Hilarious stuff.

As for the penalty decision, it was another howler. No doubt about it. I do hear we were denied a stone waller after it though so it might not be the pro Celtic conspiracy that some are making it out to be after all.

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

One of them was a Motherwell fan who admitted 'there was a bit of that'. It's not like a section of the Motherwell support don't have form for it against us. As usual on here it's fine to call out poor fan behaviour if it's any of the ugly sisters but the rest get a pass 😏

8 minutes ago, drew said:

The moment I saw that Aberdeen line up last night I lost all optimism for the game.

McInnes needs to stick to 4-2-3-1 as Considine hasn't the attributes to play wing back leaving us massively exposed down that side. He can't play both Considine, Arnason and McKenna as they are all slow. At least one needs to come out but I'd take 2. Probably take out Considine and McKenna although it would be harsh on McKenna. Really struggling to think what he does out wide with Christie being suspended. I would try Stewart down one wing and Wright the other.

I hope he'll play something similar to this on Sunday

Lewis

Logan Aranson Reynolds Shinnie

O'Connor McLean

Stewart May Wright

Rooney

Would leave McKenna in instead of Reynolds. Shinnie and Logan have enough pace to cover. Unfortunately with Christie and GMS out Rooney is a certainty to start and suspect (other than McKenna for Renolds) you are most likely correct with the above.  Another option would be Reynolds a left back - but I think his distribution is probably too poor.

Worrying!

14 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Would leave McKenna in instead of Reynolds. Shinnie and Logan have enough pace to cover. Unfortunately with Christie and GMS out Rooney is a certainty to start and suspect (other than McKenna for Renolds) you are most likely correct with the above.  Another option would be Reynolds a left back - but I think his distribution is probably too poor.

Worrying!

I still think playing both Arnason and McKenna could see us getting caught out for pace. On form it should be Arnason that comes out instead of McKenna but Reynolds isn't the type to talk a young guy through a game which is why McKenna is the unfortunate victim.

The other option instead of Rooney is Maynard. Actually think Maynard looks a good player just needs a couple of goals but we don't have the time to wait for him to click so Rooney it is for me.

Edited by drew

18 minutes ago, drew said:

The other option instead of Rooney is Maynard. 

This would be my preference - Far more mobile which would (Hopefully) create space for May / Stewart - Rooney features later if nothing doing.

Last night was awful. More of the same on Sunday will expose DM further. Hopefully he'll see that and correct it. He's capable.

Just now, Redz said:

This would be my preference - Far more mobile which would (Hopefully) create space for May / Stewart - Rooney features later if nothing doing.

Last night was awful. More of the same on Sunday will expose DM further. Hopefully he'll see that and correct it. He's capable.

Maynard is a terrible player. Rooney up top with May supporting for me all day long

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You're usually one of the "just because you didn't hear it, doesn't mean it didn't happen" mob but now you suspect something was "flung in" despite loads of Celtic fans reporting it. Hilarious stuff.

As for the penalty decision, it was another howler. No doubt about it. I do hear we were denied a stone waller after it though so it might not be the pro Celtic conspiracy that some are making it out to be after all.

Loads of Celtic fans heard it, but I didn’t and I was sat in amongst where it would’ve been coming from.

As I said, I suspect it’s bullshit to trump up the accusations, but as you say I can’t be sure, just because I didn’t hear it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

The Griffiths one was a dive too, would’ve been extremely soft from where I was sitting. There would be a video online before now if it was the stonewaller that’s been claimed.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

One of them was a Motherwell fan who admitted 'there was a bit of that'. It's not like a section of the Motherwell support don't have form for it against us. As usual on here it's fine to call out poor fan behaviour if it's any of the ugly sisters but the rest get a pass 😏

Don’t think anyone is giving the idiots in the Motherwell support a pass. If you’re talking individual bigots shouting something at Sinclair, that wouldn’t surprise me at all, there’s some utter cretins follow Motherwell.

I had thought you meant something more serious.

5 minutes ago, Redz said:

Do you think he's been given a decent enough run to write him off completely?

I think he's had enough chances, yeah. He played extensively in the European games and at the start of the league season and never contributed a thing. Whatever he had that made him a decent player 5 years ago, it's long gone. A complete waste of money. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think he's had enough chances, yeah. He played extensively in the European games and at the start of the league season and never contributed a thing. Whatever he had that made him a decent player 5 years ago, it's long gone. A complete waste of money. 

Okay, thanks for that. What about Rooney's contribution by comparison though? (And I'm not having a go at Rooney - 4 goals total, albeit a hatrick v StJ IIRC)

Add to that: No Christie available, Stewart not as he once was, and May 3 (I think) goals total so far. All of these have had far more game time than Maynard.

Now I'm trying to remember his European starts. I think it was only once against AL at Pittodrie? The other 3 were 20 odd mins as a sub (Albeit I had had a few shandies in Bosnia, and it might have been a wee bit longer). I don't think that's extensive at all.

Personally, I feel it's worth the chance to start, if only to mix it up a bit. He does give us mobility, albeit he must be low on confidence. But who in our squad isn't atm.

I'm not defending him, merely putting across some observations of my own.

51 minutes ago, Redz said:

Okay, thanks for that. What about Rooney's contribution by comparison though? (And I'm not having a go at Rooney - 4 goals total, albeit a hatrick v StJ IIRC)

I'd have tried to get rid of Rooney in the summer, perhaps offered him to 'Well in an attempt to get Moult in. Without McGinn & Hayes swinging crosses in, Rooney is pretty much useless. 

Add to that: No Christie available, Stewart not as he once was, and May 3 (I think) goals total so far. All of these have had far more game time than Maynard.

Now I'm trying to remember his European starts. I think it was only once against AL at Pittodrie? The other 3 were 20 odd mins as a sub (Albeit I had had a few shandies in Bosnia, and it might have been a wee bit longer). I don't think that's extensive at all.

According to transfermarkt.com he played, 27, 22, 61 & 36 minutes in the European games. 

Personally, I feel it's worth the chance to start, if only to mix it up a bit. He does give us mobility, albeit he must be low on confidence. But who in our squad isn't atm.

I'm not defending him, merely putting across some observations of my own.

Maybe he is worth a start. I just haven't seen anything from him to suggest he has the ability to cause defences problems, or link the play, or be a poacher. Maybe he'll get more chances and i'll be proven wrong. I'd just have hoped that after almost 500 minutes on the pitch, he'd have at least shown something. 

21 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Just seen this clip of our penalty and it looks like he actually got it right, although McGregor did look for it.

That's a different angle from the one I saw last night, looks more like the refs angle as well. Stonewaller! 😁

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'd have tried to get rid of Rooney in the summer, perhaps offered him to 'Well in an attempt to get Moult in. Without McGinn & Hayes swinging crosses in, Rooney is pretty much useless. 

According to transfermarkt.com he played, 27, 22, 61 & 36 minutes in the European games. 

Maybe he is worth a start. I just haven't seen anything from him to suggest he has the ability to cause defences problems, or link the play, or be a poacher. Maybe he'll get more chances and i'll be proven wrong. I'd just have hoped that after almost 500 minutes on the pitch, he'd have at least shown something. 

I've never been a huge Rooney fan so probably best I don't contribute. Not a huge Maynard fan either though!  If pushed, at least Maynard is mobile. Personally, I'd be looking to introduce a couple of the young lads. Fearless and nothing to lose. Harvey at left back and Ross behind May.....

Bit cringey releasing statements, but I think there was a lot of pressure to do just that from sections of the support who felt by not appealing the Kipre red card we were rolling over and having our belly tickled.

Seems a reasonable enough statement to be fair.

I think we do need some “clarification” if recent penalty decisions are indicative of what constitutes a foul in referees eyes.