This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 50 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

What were the sheep crowds during the oil glory days then? Massive I presume? 

I think they were marginally better (as DandyDunn says) but probably more down to the team being massively better as opposed to anything else. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeens attendances during the “glory years” barely stayed at 15k. 

Thats what our support amounts to I’m afraid, I personally don’t see why we’re attempting to build a 20k stadium, it’s wasted. 

Where’s Redz when I need the wee bugger? :D

Surely every professional gambler is going to be lumping on Aberdeen at either 5/2 to win or 13/8 draw no bet tomorrow night ???

The bookies must think Aberdeen are going to shit the nest because in all known form the game should be priced up at 6/4 both teams

Yeah i know ...you never see a poor bookie

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Surely every professional gambler is going to be lumping on Aberdeen at either 5/2 to win or 13/8 draw no bet tomorrow night ???

The bookies must think Aberdeen are going to shit the nest because in all known form the game should be priced up at 6/4 both teams

Yeah i know ...you never see a poor bookie

They are slightly surprising odds. Must be taking Aberdeen's record at Ibrox into account?!

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

Where’s Redz when I need the wee bugger? :D

:lol::lol::lol:  I'm here pal  :ok:

The Dons average 'League' crowds during a period of the (*Sigh) 'glory' years are as follows

82/83 - 15,700

83/84 - 17,220

84/85 - 16,152

Just for balance - Our average league gate this season is 15,598.

None of these figures include 'mostly' sell out European games. For example,  I think this season had 17, 000+ for Siroki B & over 20,000 for App Lim.

Personally I don't buy any 'downturn' in Abz as a reason for the gates as most will have been contractors who do not reside from the area. Aberdeen is a convenient 'political' football in that sense.

I wonder what the 'influx' to Abz over the years is too? Must be significant. -  All these individuals will have had their own teams prior to moving.

Only my opinion of course......

I'd be surprised if the sheep take anything less than 4 points from these 2 games. The huns are all over the shop just now. As for our double header, Motherwell will fancy it tonight but they might have a better chance on Saturday as we will doubtless rest a few before Anderlecht.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why on earth are Rangers 10/11?

Is there something we don't know? Well apart from Aberdeen's arse generally collapsing at  Ibrox but this is surely different?

Just checked William Hill.  Evens.  Bit gobsmacked at that, Sheep 5/2.  If you ever needed a chance to earn a few quid for Xmas, there you have it.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, slasher said:

I'd be surprised if the sheep take anything less than 4 points from these 2 games. The huns are all over the shop just now. As for our double header, Motherwell will fancy it tonight but they might have a better chance on Saturday as we will doubtless rest a few before Anderlecht.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why on earth are Rangers 10/11?

Is there something we don't know? Well apart from Aberdeen's arse generally collapsing at  Ibrox but this is surely different?

Apart from the fact that we've generally been really average this season? Maybe they knew McInnes was planning the most bizarre formation ever? Not sure if he's trying to get the Sevco job or trying not to get it tonight? Utterly bizarre, 6 defenders and yet no defending!

We lost this match before a ball was kicked. Well done Mcinnes, you can go to ibrox now if you like. Showing again that he bottles it by tinkering with team in the big matches.

the ref has been shocking, any time a dons players goes near a blue shirt they get booked