This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Therefore you will know that attempting to impede a player's progress by pulling him back is illegal, and a foul.

And if the offence is committed against the attacking player in the penalty area, a penalty is awarded.

And that's what happened this afternoon.

He never pulled him back. 

13 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Because there was minimal contact at best. If you are happy with that, then I suspect you are one of those people who wants football to be a non contact sport.

I'm a believer that a guy should be assassinated before a penalty is worthy of being awarded. But I am fucking sick to death of this idea that you can place your hands all over an attacker in the penalty area without sanction. Read the rules, it's not allowed. If Kipre keeps his hands down and concentrates on blocking Sinclair with his body, no problem. 

He tried to catch him with his hand and he got caught out. That's his problem for being an arse.

I repeat - the red card was ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Aye right - he was running with him to get in a queue for a burger.

You’re allowed to run for the ball. Even against Celtic. 

Sinclair was neither pulled, nor impeded. He dived and has said as much.

You can re-watch it here - https://www.balls.ie/amp/football/watch-scott-sinclair-dive-betfred-cup-final-378444

For pity’s sake, there is a stronger case for a free kick the other way.

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

You’re allowed to run for the ball. Even against Celtic. 

Sinclair was neither pulled, nor impeded. He dived and has said as much.

You can re-watch it here - https://www.balls.ie/amp/football/watch-scott-sinclair-dive-betfred-cup-final-378444

For pity’s sake, there is a stronger case for a free kick the other way.

You have your opinion and I have mine, and I'll agree to disagree.

For me, if Kipre had put his body across Scott Sinclair we don't have a discussion.

The second he uses his hand though, he's inviting trouble...........................

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Sorry, but you're quite wrong about that. Certainly amongst our group every Cup and title is cherished as fans who realise this won't last forever 😁

Why won’t it last forever?  It will unless they change the rules to make the sport more equitable.  

1 hour ago, slasher said:

In Barney's defence, in strictly technical terms that would be a penalty. I have to say, if I'd been refereeing  (and I have) I wouldn't have given it. 👎

In strictly technical terms that would be a free kick to Motherwell and a yellow card for simulation.  There’s no way Sinclair fell to the ground for any reason other than he chose to. 

4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Why won’t it last forever?  It will unless they change the rules to make the sport more equitable.  

You got a crystal ball or something? The point I was making is that it's not being taken for granted.

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

In strictly technical terms that would be a free kick to Motherwell and a yellow card for simulation.  There’s no way Sinclair fell to the ground for any reason other than he chose to. 

It's down to interpretation, I've already said what I thought of it.

I think Thompson had a long look at it and his interpretation was that the defender had tugged his arm. I've seen players booked for diving at stonewall pens, the problem for attackers is if you stay on your feet you tend to get nothing.

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

never a penalty.

He feels the contact so stops his legs and falls down. The Billy Dodds argument

Nah - Billy Dodds is incapable of constructing a coherent sentence let alone a credible argument.

Andy Walker is yer man for that 'there was contact so he's entitled to go down' shit.

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

You got a crystal ball or something? The point I was making is that it's not being taken for granted.

It's down to interpretation, I've already said what I thought of it.

I think Thompson had a long look at it and his interpretation was that the defender had tugged his arm. I've seen players booked for diving at stonewall pens, the problem for attackers is if you stay on your feet you tend to get nothing.

If you stay on your feet when there’s no foul, you don’t deserve anything anyway. 

5 hours ago, Flure said:

It's pretty clear in my mind.

If a player is illegally prevented from making progress, it's a free kick.

If, however, he feels contact and chooses to go down, it's not.

You usually come away with major credence but c’mon tae bejesus. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

"Celtic winger Scott Sinclair talking to BBC Radio Scotland (about the penalty incident): "I felt a little tug on the arm and I went down. That's it." "

Admission of taking dive in my book...

At least he is being honest about it.

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

It's time players realise they are not only winning their team a cup they're doing another player out of a cup final and maybe a cup, my opinion as a neutral. 

Its a shame the custodians of certain football clubs don't want to apply that logic to the industrial scale cheating that went on in this country beforehand 😏

6 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Should have been sent before the Sinclair incident.......some people call it Karma

:lol:

i had a funny feeling you’d be the one to make the dumbest justification for the dive.

that was a dive all day long, barney rubble is having a complete nightmare here too. 

Edited by vanderark14