This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 44 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I cannot see anything other than Celtic giving Motherwell a skelping

Celtic -2 at 17/10 seems to be the best less greedy option

Got to agree. On the big Hampden pitch Celtic will pull Motherwell all over the place. Can only hope Gordon's back is still sore from bending over so often midweek to pick the ball out of the net and that Lustig is still "injured". 

If the Celtic defence can see there way to completely ignoring any marking goes too that would help. 😀 

I think it's a 2 or 3 goal win for Celtic, sadly. Mind you, at least they'll put up a fight, unlike my own gutless team.

Can't believe the cretins that are Butcher and Sutton are questioning the penalty decision.

Pulling is a foul, always has been. Whether or not Sinclair went down easily, Kipre pulled him back, so that's a foul.

Unless the rules have changed since I last played ten years ago.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Can't believe the cretins that are Butcher and Sutton are questioning the penalty decision.

Pulling is a foul, always has been. Whether or not Sinclair went down easily, Kipre pulled him back, so that's a foul.

I’d say there was slight contact but I honestly don't believe he had enough of a grip to pull him back.

If football was a non contact sport it’s a penalty all day long. But a certain level of contact is to be expected and would remain within the laws of the game. I don’t think it was enough to warrant a foul.

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

He barely touched him. Laughable decision IMO. 

Twas a dive which has ruined the cup final and will dominate the post match analysis over team performance (and Brendan Rogers "tan").

The only place where that would have been classed as illegal contact would be a crowded hotel bar in Dubai.

11 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I’d say there was slight contact but I honestly don't believe he had enough of a grip to pull him back.

If football was a non contact sport it’s a penalty all day long. But a certain level of contact is to be expected and would remain within the laws of the game. I don’t think it was enough to warrant a foul.

It's pretty clear in my mind.

If a player is illegally prevented from making progress, it's a free kick.

If, however, he feels contact and chooses to go down, it's not.

17 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Read the rules Parkie. Kipre attempted to pull him back, and paid the consequences for it.

And I am no fan of Craig Thomson.

Since when is an attempt to pull a foul and a red card? Watch again he thought about it and refrained as he was aware of his position.. the worse he did was brush his arm... how does that make a player fall over? Sinclair dived and made it look many times worse and that cretin C Thompson bought it... to be fair he has a little soft spot for Celtic and penalties.  They have ruined a decent 2nd half there. 

Another reason for Celtic being unable to compete in Europe is the myopic refereeing standards that they receive on a weekly basis. 

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

Thompson and a penalty again in a Cup Final. 

And again, a decisive goal that effectively ends the final as a competition.

How does this clown still keep getting gigs?

Another trophy that means feck all to Celtic.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

34 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

Since when is an attempt to pull a foul and a red card? Watch again he thought about it and refrained as he was aware of his position.. the worse he did was brush his arm... how does that make a player fall over? Sinclair dived and made it look many times worse and that cretin C Thompson bought it... to be fair he has a little soft spot for Celtic and penalties.  They have ruined a decent 2nd half there. 

Another reason for Celtic being unable to compete in Europe is the myopic refereeing standards that they receive on a weekly basis. 

The red card was ridiculous, that's a given. No justification for it at all.

But Kipre did not brush Sinclair's arm, he tried to pull him back.

Never a penalty. Craig Thompson has surpassed himself today. Unfortunately, Motherwell had no chance today as a result of him being given the game. 

Couldn't help notice that Lustig made a remarkable recovery and started today despite limping off (running scared) earlier in the week.