This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

I see the snowflakes on drips.net are getting their edible panties in a twist because Tommy Wright celebrated a last minute winner. They've no doubt been given the man dogs abuse for 90minutes. 

God forbid Neil Lennon retaliates when Hibs are at Ibrox

The thread on drips.net is beyond parody

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?326237-Tommy-Wright&p=5224905#post5224905

Just now, jailender said:

Good results for the Highland League teams in the Cup at the weekend. It will be interesting to see what their reward is.

Hoping Fraserburgh get a Premiership side away from home. No point wishing for an easy draw because we are the easy draw. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hoping Fraserburgh get a Premiership side away from home. No point wishing for an easy draw because we are the easy draw. 

Disagree.  We could be your easy draw. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

well well well, we got that easy draw after all :lol:

I don't know which is more surprising - Rangers got Fraserburgh in the draw, or the fact Rangers are away from home??

Interesting stat on Hearts (was on Instagram so possibly sh1te), Hearts have drawn Hibs or Celtic in the Scottish Cup 5 out of the last 7 times. Exceptions being Aberdeen and Raith (they beat both). Tough gig that.

Guest BlueGaz
16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

well well well, we got that easy draw after all :lol:

:lol: I was a wee bit more chuffed it was away from home, form a little bit better.  

43 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Interesting stat on Hearts (was on Instagram so possibly sh1te), Hearts have drawn Hibs or Celtic in the Scottish Cup 5 out of the last 7 times. Exceptions being Aberdeen and Raith (they beat both). Tough gig that.

The stat I read was in sure, 7 of last 12 Scottish Cup ties V Hibs (possibly including a replay?) and Celtic were 2 or 3 of the remaining 5

52 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I don't know which is more surprising - Rangers got Fraserburgh in the draw, or the fact Rangers are away from home??

41 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol: I was a wee bit more chuffed it was away from home, form a little bit better.  

they want to keep the match at their own ground but it will depend on the meetings with local council and police over the next week

Copied from Twitter, haven’t checked accuracy.

Hearts last thirteen Scottish Cup ties:
Hearts v Celtic
Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Hearts v Celtic
Hearts v Celtic
Hearts v Aberdeen
Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Raith v Hearts
Hearts v Raith
Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Hearts v Hibs

49 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Copied from Twitter, haven’t checked accuracy.

Hearts last thirteen Scottish Cup ties:
Hearts v Celtic
Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Hearts v Celtic
Hearts v Celtic
Hearts v Aberdeen
Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Raith v Hearts
Hearts v Raith
Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Hearts
Hearts v Hibs

The more important thing to focus on here is that 9 of Hearts last 13 Scottish Cup games have been at home!  That's disgraceful and clearly being fixed by someone in power....

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

The more important thing to focus on here is that 9 of Hearts last 13 Scottish Cup games have been at home!  That's disgraceful and clearly being fixed by someone in power....

7 out of the last 13, the first two were the semi final and final of the 2012 competition 

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

they want to keep the match at their own ground but it will depend on the meetings with local council and police over the next week

Just been reading about that.  I can understand going elsewhere for more money, but why would it potentially be moved if they don't want it moved?  Is it a safety issue having 3k (I think the article said) at that ground?

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Just been reading about that.  I can understand going elsewhere for more money, but why would it potentially be moved if they don't want it moved?  Is it a safety issue having 3k (I think the article said) at that ground?

The ground isn't exactly practical for a big crowd anymore, well it is but not if it could be televised and has to adhere to SFA rules. 

The police and council may put a restriction on number of tickets which could mean they don't get to take full advantage of the money available.

Just now, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Peterhead and Aberdeen both drawn at home so that might change things.

Any word on the TV games yet? Saw a couple of folk mention Broch vs The Rangers being one of them but assumed that'd be a load of shite.

It'll be Celtic vs Brechin, Broch vs Rangers and Hearts vs Hibs. 

No doubts about it. 

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's the options? Peterhead? Hopefully it's nowhere near Pittodrie. 

I read Pittodrie potentially, but don't know if that was just speculation or its in the mix.

Guest BlueGaz
19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The ground isn't exactly practical for a big crowd anymore, well it is but not if it could be televised and has to adhere to SFA rules. 

The police and council may put a restriction on number of tickets which could mean they don't get to take full advantage of the money available.

I hope its there if thats what they want.  

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's the options? Peterhead? Hopefully it's nowhere near Pittodrie. 

Last time a Highland league team got rangers in the draw, it was played at pittodrie. Rangers beat Keith 10-1. Peterhead would be a worse option IMO. Big rivalry between Peterhead and Fraserburgh, big rangers supporters club in Peterhead too. 

Edited by vanderark14