This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Work mate of mine was there last night. Massive Killie fan, does player interviews and stuff for KillieTV or whatever. Managed to wangle his way suited and booted into the directors box with his brother and sat the row in front of the directors and Pedro. 

Couldnae even celebrate that fantastic injury-time goal, the free-loading #####! 😆

I was in the posh seats in the North Stand at Parkhead when we won  the league there in 1999, sat on my hand for 90 minutes but inside I was dancing.

Really poor night for McInnes last night. We were beaten as soon as his team selection was made.  He makes the same errors all too often.  If you can't pick your best team (as evidenced in previous matches) and have a go at home, in front of a sell out crowd, while on equal points with opposition, in the middle of a really busy spell for Celtic then when can you?  Would rather lose 6-0 having a real go than settle for the p1sh we had to endure last night.  

Losing the energy of Christie (another nonsense management decision) was always going to be an issue and should have been addressed.  Wright was the obvious replacement. Considine, even if fully match fit, which he clearly wasn't shouldn't have been anywhere near that team.  Rooney should only ever play at home against bottom six opposition (and even then, i think it's a big ask).  McLean has wasted a jersey for over three years and last night was no different.  Yet McInnes persists.  I think his stubbornness/arrogance will always be his downfall.  While it was always going to be a tall order (and i don't mean to discredit a very good Celtic performance), last night was the lowest point of the McInnes reign for me.  Wrong team, wrong tactics, inevitable outcome. 

It was going to cost us more money to keep him than pay him off.  Lets not forget this is a manager who led us to our worst ever European result and we've been going backwards in the league with the distinct possibility of Hearts and HIbs overtaking us in coming weeks.

Just now, Larky Masher said:

Apart from McInnes nobody obvious (i.e. relatively cheap) springs to mind.

McInnes was going to cost Sunderland over £1 million. He's since signed a new contract. 

Aberdeen wont accept IOU's.

9 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

And your point is?

Rangers cannot afford him. 

3 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

And he could have a clause in his contract on grounds for release, I'd suggest he not out of reach.

:lol: 

Classic Larky. You don't have a clue so you just make up something. 

15 minutes ago, jailender said:

What would happen if MacInnes resigned, and then Rangers approached him? Where would that leave the compensation issue?

1. He won't. 
2. The resignation wouldn't be accepted. 
3. If Rangers induced him to break contract they'd be in soapy bubble

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Really poor night for McInnes last night. We were beaten as soon as his team selection was made.  He makes the same errors all too often.  If you can't pick your best team (as evidenced in previous matches) and have a go at home, in front of a sell out crowd, while on equal points with opposition, in the middle of a really busy spell for Celtic then when can you?  Would rather lose 6-0 having a real go than settle for the p1sh we had to endure last night.  

Losing the energy of Christie (another nonsense management decision) was always going to be an issue and should have been addressed.  Wright was the obvious replacement. Considine, even if fully match fit, which he clearly wasn't shouldn't have been anywhere near that team.  Rooney should only ever play at home against bottom six opposition (and even then, i think it's a big ask).  McLean has wasted a jersey for over three years and last night was no different.  Yet McInnes persists.  I think his stubbornness/arrogance will always be his downfall.  While it was always going to be a tall order (and i don't mean to discredit a very good Celtic performance), last night was the lowest point of the McInnes reign for me.  Wrong team, wrong tactics, inevitable outcome. 

Most of that would be my view too.

Although I do think the LC final against the same team runs last night very close.

Rooney is lost, wasted even, where he's asked to play.

DM needs to stop picking KM now. The 'message' by continuing to do so will contribute to a few more 'last nights!' 

For the first time I also felt DM's post match interview was weak and designed to cover his own mistakes. Changing our back 4 was mental to everyone apart from himself.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Rangers cannot afford him. 

:lol: 

Classic Larky. You don't have a clue so you just make up something. 

I didn't make anything up I hypothesised , I did state there was such a clause I stated there could be and they are not unusual in managers or players contracts.

59 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Apart from McInnes nobody obvious (i.e. relatively cheap) springs to mind.

Could of this been McInnes's play all along. Bet on the Pedro situation imploding thus turn down Sunderland and wait for the Rangers job to come along?? Also sign a new deal to soften the pain for Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, shaggycoo said:

Could of this been McInnes's play all along. Bet on the Pedro situation imploding thus turn down Sunderland and wait for the Rangers job to come along?? Also sign a new deal to soften the pain for Aberdeen. 

To be honest who would go to  Sunderland, they're even more f*cked than Rangers. However I doubt McIness is at Aberdeen for the long run.

Guest BlueGaz
10 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

To be honest who would go to  Sunderland, they're even more f*cked than Rangers. However I doubt McIness is at Aberdeen for the long run.

I agree, he seems to have ambition.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

1. He won't. 
2. The resignation wouldn't be accepted. 
3. If Rangers induced him to break contract they'd be in soapy bubble

You can't stop him resigning. Basic employment law. He may have a lengthy notice period or he may lose a loyalty bonus based on it but Aberdeen would not be able to stop him leaving. 

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Work mate of mine was there last night. Massive Killie fan, does player interviews and stuff for KillieTV or whatever. Managed to wangle his way suited and booted into the directors box with his brother and sat the row in front of the directors and Pedro. 

Couldnae even celebrate that fantastic injury-time goal, the free-loading #####! 😆

Big Sherry? Saw them in a photo sitting in front of Pedro. My pal reckons that's why Rangers were so bad coz Pedro couldnae see the game past them :-))