This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Crazy Pedro reckons Saints are about the same as Morton. Should be a stick on draw on Friday night then ?

:lol:

they have blue and white strips, and the town they play in isn’t called Morton/St Johnstone. I can see the similarities.

Morton have more fans though.

:P

On 11/10/2017 at 5:24 PM, slasher said:

Crazy Pedro reckons Saints are about the same as Morton. Should be a stick on draw on Friday night then ?

What he actually said was that they play with a similar style. 

But do they let the xenophobic media reporting affect your weekly slagging of Pedro. 

Why not wait and see how the game pans out first? You know you'll be watching it. ? 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

But do they let the xenophobic media reporting affect your weekly slagging of Pedro. 

Why not wait and see how the game pans out first? You know you'll be watching it. ? 

I don't buy all this xenophobia nonsense. Crazy horse has been havering pish since he arrived. If he wasn't the manager of the tribute act he'd have been laughed out of town by now. His latest is that ' we've gone up a level'.....during the international break ?

For the record I won't be watching as I'll be driving south for my morning flight to the Canaries ?

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Have Rangers played Morton this year? Bizarre that Pedro would have a detailed knowledge of how Morton play. 

The guy is a total rocket and that's nothing to do with xenophpbia. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ach he's now claiming we have had MI5 bugging him to get his team... or something similar...

Looks to me he gives stupid sound bites to deflect the failings of a team unable to live to the fans expectation

Parkie they played a game behind doors during International week drew 3-3

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Have Rangers played Morton this year? Bizarre that Pedro would have a detailed knowledge of how Morton play. 

They drew with them in a closed doors friendly after their 'glamour' friendly with Benfica went tits up ?

That must have been when he saw them go up a level lol

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Yes, as others have already pointed out. And it's not detailed knowledge to know the formation and style of teams you may have to play. It's part of his job, don't you think? 

He does haver a lot of pish, as has been said, but similar guff dropped out the back side of previous managers without the ridiculous hyperbole attached to the reporting of Pedro. 

He is not treated in the same way. It's pretty obvious really. 

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yes, as others have already pointed out. And it's not detailed knowledge to know the formation and style of teams you may have to play. It's part of his job, don't you think? 

To have an in-depth knowledge of a team Rangers won't compete against this season? I wouldn't say that's his job. Especially when he's demonstrated he doesn't know much about the teams in his own division. I'd suggest that should be where he concentrates his focus. 

He does haver a lot of pish, as has been said, but similar guff dropped out the back side of previous managers without the ridiculous hyperbole attached to the reporting of Pedro. 

I can't remember any other managers stopping players wereaing green boots, or attempting to do tactics talks with props in the middle of a press conference TBH. 

He is not treated in the same way. It's pretty obvious really. 

By the media? I agree. They're insular. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Did this happen?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pedro-caixinha-bans-rangers-players-10722482

Caixinha explained: “From today, no one will wear boots of that colour because it is the colour of Celtic.

“The slogan ‘We are the People’ will be stamped on the walls for both our players and opponents to feel the strength of Rangers.”

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pedro-caixinha-bans-rangers-players-10722482

Caixinha explained: “From today, no one will wear boots of that colour because it is the colour of Celtic.

“The slogan ‘We are the People’ will be stamped on the walls for both our players and opponents to feel the strength of Rangers.”

What a fud.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

To have an in-depth knowledge of a team Rangers won't compete against this season? I wouldn't say that's his job. Especially when he's demonstrated he doesn't know much about the teams in his own division. I'd suggest that should be where he concentrates his focus. 

I can't remember any other managers stopping players wereaing green boots, or attempting to do tactics talks with props in the middle of a press conference TBH. 

By the media? I agree. They're insular. 

Scottish Cup?

Pretty sure previous managers have stopped players crossing themselves on the pitch, wearing crucifixes, wearing green boots and other things but heehaw was said in the press. Why was that do you think? 

I think we are of the same opinion on the media, although maybe for different reasons. ? 

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Carlos Pena actually looking like he's improving. Not something I was expecting ever to say. 

St Johnstone have been poor tonight whether because we have stopped them or just poor play. 

Pedro still unbeaten away in the league. 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers finished quite strongly.

Score probably flattered them slightly, but you’re right, St Johnstone were poor.

From what I’ve seen of Rangers recently, they’re well trained in the dark arts, team of horrible bastards.

Interesting. I saw St Johnstone get away with 2 stone wall yellows before a Rangers player was the first in the book for a relatively similar challenge. 

I'd say that Saints were up for a physical battle and tried to make the game as towsy as possible in the second half. 

They would have beaten Warburtons team by doing so, but thankfully we had enough a bit more of a spine these days. 

I don't think your assessment is fair as they are no more horrible than St Johnstone were tonight or Thistle were a few weeks ago. The problem is Rangers don't collapse when the game gets physical anymore and that has upset a few folk. 

I much prefer this team to Warburtons. But then being a horrible was my entire game when I played. ? 

Our away form has been excellent this season. Just need to get our home form sorted out. Dorrans was superb last night and our defence deserves a lot of credit in restricting the opposition to very few clear cut chances. I think we do have an  more physical edge to us this season which is what was missing.