This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

John McGinn hasn't done his chances any harm for Thursday night

Not many Scottish teams will go away to the ambulance chasers and play like Hibs did

Oh so you enjoyed it then? After your whining about what a cringe fest it was going to be ?

Hibs deserved their point and we weren't quite at it today but.......Collum was feckin hopeless and denied us a stonewall penalty at the end. Fair result tho ?

I would agree about McGinn for Slovakia and Callum McGregor simply has to be called up!

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Oh so you enjoyed it then? After your whining about what a cringe fest it was going to be ?

Hibs deserved their point and we weren't quite at it today but.......Collum was feckin hopeless and denied us a stonewall penalty at the end. Fair result tho ?

I would agree about McGinn for Slovakia and Callum McGregor simply has to be called up!

From what I have heard it sounds like Collum was every bit as good as Dallas last night. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

From what I have heard it sounds like Collum was every bit as good as Dallas last night. 

I actually thought Collum was improving when I saw him last season but fvck me I got that wrong.

With regards Dallas I think he's been fast tracked out of his depth because of who he is m8 ?

Just now, slasher said:

I actually thought Collum was improving when I saw him last season but fvck me I got that wrong.

With regards Dallas I think he's been fast tracked out of his depth because of who he is m8 ?

It certainly looks that way. I was embarrassed watching him last night. I think he could have sent Pena off 3 times last night and completely failed to. And then not sending off Gogic for our penalty either was poor. 

And those were just the big decisions he messed up. 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It certainly looks that way. I was embarrassed watching him last night. I think he could have sent Pena off 3 times last night and completely failed to. And then not sending off Gogic for our penalty either was poor. 

And those were just the big decisions he messed up. 

Failing to card Pena for the deliberate hand ball was bad enough but he was ready to give a goal! ?Then not only does he not send off Gogic, he doesn't even give him a yellow! ?

He should be demoted but it won't happen.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Failing to card Pena for the deliberate hand ball was bad enough but he was ready to give a goal! ?Then not only does he not send off Gogic, he doesn't even give him a yellow! ?

He should be demoted but it won't happen.

Don't be holding your breath. You're liable to black out before that happens. 

On 09/10/2017 at 9:33 AM, giblet said:

Really looking forward to Saturday against Aberdeen.  Should be a full house, so decent atmosphere with us having came back to a bit of form as well.

This game has all the ingredients to be a good advert for our game. Full house in the home and away end so we should expect a great atmosphere. Both teams playing well too BUT who do we get on tv this week..............the rangers playing away to st Johnstone. Sectarian anthems galore from a packed away end and about 10.5 people in the home end. Yaaaaaaaay.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

This game has all the ingredients to be a good advert for our game. Full house in the home and away end so we should expect a great atmosphere. Both teams playing well too BUT who do we get on tv this week..............the rangers playing away to st Johnstone. Sectarian anthems galore from a packed away end and about 10.5 people in the home end. Yaaaaaaaay.

3rd vs 4th though, can see why it's being shown, not to mention TV numbers rather than 2nd vs 6th,

Also, had it been changed for TV you'd get the same Aberdeen fans moaning about another game not being 3pm on a Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

3rd vs 4th though, can see why it's being shown, not to mention TV numbers rather than 2nd vs 6th,

Also, had it been changed for TV you'd get the same Aberdeen fans moaning about another game not being 3pm on a Saturday.

I wouldn’t be moanin at a change in kick off time. The positions of rangers v st Johnstone are irrelevant, surely you know this?

Edited by vanderark14

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Had to quote you a 2nd time because the edit function on the iPad is crap.

we should be looking to televise matches with potential and good atmospheres not every away match involving the old firm with a token match featuring the rest now and again. 

Id day the same had this been any other side.

i remember thinking similar about the ranges v Aberdeen match at ibrox. Red hot atmosphere guaranteed and a sell out yet they had something stupid like Hamilton v Celtic on tv. 

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Would Aberdeen fans be happy travelling down to Edinburgh for a Friday night game?

4 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Would Aberdeen fans be happy travelling down to Edinburgh for a Friday night game?

Done it last season at Tynecastle and it sold out. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

3rd vs 4th though, can see why it's being shown,

Aye, that’s why they’re showing it.

:lol:

They (sky &bt) have quotas, which conveniently can be filled almost entirely by being an away season ticket for Old firm fans.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Bet you still watch it though!

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Don’t be a phanny. Why is crowd size an absolute obsession from Dons fans in particular on here? If you equate the sizes of Perth and Aberdeen’s catchment areas then Aberdeen have a dreadful following theirselves. 

15 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Don’t be a phanny. Why is crowd size an absolute obsession from Dons fans in particular on here? If you equate the sizes of Perth and Aberdeen’s catchment areas then Aberdeen have a dreadful following theirselves. 

Calm down Ormond

I think you're missing my point, you are focusing on one aspect of the post. I have no problem with nor am I obsessed with attendances in Scotland. I was only illustrated the difference in choices of match for the weekend on tv. It wasn't a dig at St johnstone :ok:

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Calm down Ormond

I think you're missing my point, you are focusing on one aspect of the post. I have no problem with nor am I obsessed with attendances in Scotland. I was only illustrated the difference in choices of match for the weekend on tv. It wasn't a dig at St johnstone :ok:

I know what your main point was and I’m in agreement with you. You didnae need the recurring dig at our crowds though. That’s boring on here. :)

You’re excused. :ok: