This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Agree.  I think blatant cheats/diving should be punished severely, that would help to stop it.  The two that stick out recently are the one against Celtic last season, Ross County??? and was there not one on Saturday as well???

That one at Dingwall was a cracker.

Ronaldo 2nd yellow on Sunday was a bad example of it not necessarily being a foul or a dive.

If it wasn't Ronaldo and if it wasn't for the first booking I'd have had some sympathy for him.

:lol:

I don't like the idea it's a penalty or a dive, in some case it's neither. At the moment you get nothing for staying on your feet, so it's no wonder folk go down so easily, but blatant dives should be punished too discourage it.

Thursday, 17 August 2017

A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following cases:

Player: Charles Dunne, Motherwell FC 
Match: Ross County FC vs Motherwell FC on Wednesday, 9 August 2017. 
Competition: Scottish League Cup
Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for A4 offence of denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity. 
Outcome: Player Reference Dismissed. Suspension applied immediately.

Player: Charles Dunne, Motherwell FC 
Match: St Johnstone FC vs Motherwell FC on Saturday, 12 August 2017
Competition: Scottish Premiership
Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for A4 offence of denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity.
Outcome: Player Reference Upheld. Red card rescinded.

Player: Trevor Carson, Motherwell FC

Match: St Johnstone FC vs Motherwell FC on Saturday, 12 August 2017

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for A4 offence of denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity

Outcome: Player Reference Dismissed. Suspension applied immediately.

Defender won one appeal and lost another.

Keeper lost his.

1 hour ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Defender won one appeal and lost another.

Keeper lost his.

Not sure what the appeal was? The Ross County one was maybe not a red under the new rules, as there appeared to be an attempt to win the ball. The keeper one, was the appeal that it wasn't outside the area? Or not a clear goal scoring opportunity?

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

First time I can remember seeing a double appeal :blink:

He got sent off twice in 3 days.

On 8/16/2017 at 0:22 PM, Parklife said:

Yup, exactly what would happen. You'd get tactical use of challenges. The sports that utilise challenges well (NFL and tennis, for example) are made up of short individual points/plays where there's no flow, like there is in football. 

Challenges simply isn't a goer IMO. 

But in NFL if you use a challenge and it fails then you lose a timeout which is massive in that game. For football we could tie it to substitutes. Up to them then to decide if they want to make an actual substitute or lose it by making a challenge to kill the game.

19 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

absolutely pathetic appeasement of the WATP brigade. Stokes should have gone too but since when was a headbutt ok? football in this country really has gone to f&ck.

Yeah, really disappointing.

They've set a precedent that 2 wrongs make a right.

34 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

absolutely pathetic appeasement of the WATP brigade. Stokes should have gone too but since when was a headbutt ok? football in this country really has gone to f&ck.

and Dorrans grab of the throat remains unchallenged.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

If you think what happened is a head butt, shed, its not only football in this country that has gone to f&ck. 

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

If you think what happened is a head butt, shed, its not only football in this country that has gone to f&ck. 

Not that I don't agree, but for a long time, on a football pitch, if you go head to head and make a forward motion it's deemed a head butt and a red card.

Stokes should've been sent off, but rescinding Jacks card doesn't right that wrong.

As I said elsewhere, the Motherwell keeper is gutted, he should've forgotten the ball and just run out and stuck the nut on the StJohnstone player.

Edited by sbcmfc

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not that I don't agree, but for a long time, on a football pitch, if you go head to head and make a forward motion it's deemed a head butt and a red card.

Stokes should've been sent off, but rescinding Jacks card doesn't right that wrong.

As I said elsewhere, the Motherwell keeper is gutted, he should've forgotten the ball and just run out and stuck the nut on the StJohnstone player.

I've seen players go head to head many times and stay on the pitch. Nothing different here, except it's Rangers. Far more important things happening for those that want to get their weekly 'knickers in a twist' fix.

Might not have lost if it hadn't happened, that annoys me more. But we are all subject to shite refereeing most weeks, so par for the course I suppose.  

I think someone said he had been downgraded to champ next week. Not sure if that is normal or not but if it's a reflection of his performance, good, deserves it. Wasn't the only major mistake he made.  

12 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I've seen players go head to head many times and stay on the pitch. Nothing different here, except it's Rangers. Far more important things happening for those that want to get their weekly 'knickers in a twist' fix.

Sometimes you get sent off, sometimes you don't. I've seen wild 2 footed lunges go unpunished, but I've never seen a red card for one rescinded.

Its one of those that's harsh if it's against you, but you scream for the other way...

It just looks very much like an attempt to balance out the other decisions and appease the Rangers fans.

9 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Wasn't the only major mistake he made.  

The only major mistake he made was not sending Stokes off. No amount of whinging and rewriting history from Rangers fans will alter that. 

15 hours ago, ShedTA said:

This was always happening.

Things changed in this regard after QOTS won their appeal against a sending off for, I think Stephen Dobbie, against Rangers at Palmerston a couple of years back.

Guest BlueGaz
29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The only major mistake he made was not sending Stokes off. No amount of whinging and rewriting history from Rangers fans will alter that. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

He'll be sacked by Christmas with probably a mental breakdown before then.

They're playing the victim card at much higher levels than the Tims ever did.

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Might not have lost if it hadn't happened, that annoys me more. But we are all subject to shite refereeing most weeks, so par for the course I suppose.  

I think someone said he had been downgraded to champ next week. Not sure if that is normal or not but if it's a reflection of his performance, good, deserves it. Wasn't the only major mistake he made.  

Every team is subjected to to bad refereeing, most of us get on with it. Rangers, sincere their resurrection throw the toys out of the pram.