This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Haven't seen one of these started yet so I'm taking the liberty of kicking things off 

Decent card this weekend with Hibs away to Ibrox being the pick of the bunch

It'll ll be interesting to see how Lennon sets the team up. I've got a sneaky feeling he's going unleash the two Lithuanian internationals Big Dave and Bob Slivka and surprise them. Dylan Mcgeouch's played a hell of an amount of games on the bounce by his standards and with Slivka getting a few mins here and there. Big Dave Matthews on the other hand scored on his debut on Tuesday and could have had another couple but how can you drop Simon Murray with 9 goals in 6 games and Stokes who'll thrive at Ibrox. I can see a 3-0 skelping though, everything's going to smoothly this summer

Elsewhere Killie must fancy there chances at home to the fanny farts as will Fundee away to Hamilton

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Can I talk about The Championship?

First Renfrewshire derby of the season, Morton have put in new electronic turnstiles that don't work.{apparently they've bricked up all the old ones}

No tickets will be on sale to away fans on the day, but home fans can purchase from a portacabin they've hired.

St Mirren have sold around 1700 so far but have been told they're not allowed to sell anymore after 5PM today.

Many fans can't make it to the ticket office during office hours. whilst others will wait to see what the weather is like given the lack of cover and facilities in the away end.

So basically any St Mirren fans unaware of this will end up buying home end tickets on the day. A Morton fan I know over here reckons they will be filtering fans thru the exit gates checking tickets as they enter. {don't know if that's true}

An utter shambles and a recipe for disaster.

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

First Renfrewshire derby of the season, Morton have put in new electronic turnstiles that don't work.{apparently they've bricked up all the old ones}

No tickets will be on sale to away fans on the day, but home fans can purchase from a portacabin they've hired.

St Mirren have sold around 1700 so far but have been told they're not allowed to sell anymore after 5PM today.

Many fans can't make it to the ticket office during office hours. whilst others will wait to see what the weather is like given the lack of cover and facilities in the away end.

So basically any St Mirren fans unaware of this will end up buying home end tickets on the day. A Morton fan I know over here reckons they will be filtering fans thru the exit gates checking tickets as they enter. {don't know if that's true}

I'd like to think we can discuss any league.....................except the EPL:lol:

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I fancied St Mirren for the league but watched the Partick game and thought nah but not many teams will beat Falkirk this season 

Following on from my earlier post, St Mirren have now shifted 2,000 for tomorrow and could easily have sold more, but have been stopped from doing so. 

its going to be utter carnage only a couple of turnstiles in operation with tickets being individually inspected,  can't upload a photo on here for some reason, but all the tickets are the same, nothing to distinguish home from away tickets, they're all the same :lol:

Absolute arse of the bank soapdodging amateurs. 

Guest MorayCupMan
3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen stopped selling tickets for Dingwall with approx 200 to be sold at the gate. 

Noticed that earlier...train times a bit of a joke after game though, hopefully put a special you'd think. Not one till after 7 or so..

God, Johnny Hayes is the younger generations Steve Guppy isn't he? Years of being taught by McInnes to get to the byline 'and get it in the mixer' have done him nothing but harm. He is so out of his depth it's unreal, the quicker we pay whats needed for Roberts the better, I don't know how much more I can take of alcy nose in the hoops.

9 hours ago, MorayCupMan said:

Noticed that earlier...train times a bit of a joke after game though, hopefully put a special you'd think. Not one till after 7 or so..

They very well may have a special. I know when Caley play in Dingwall there is always a special service put on after the game with a train going back at 5.15pm or so. 

Guest MorayCupMan
23 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

They very well may have a special. I know when Caley play in Dingwall there is always a special service put on after the game with a train going back at 5.15pm or so. 

There does not seem to be one as of yet. May have to jump on a south bound bogie after game...

1 hour ago, MorayCupMan said:

There does not seem to be one as of yet. May have to jump on a south bound bogie after game...

That's odd. I'm pretty sure there is one put on every time Caley play in Dingwall. Was also special services put on both ways last Hogmanay and for evening games. Can't see what the difference is here. Suppose they would have to do it for all teams but for the larger away supports it's prob better than having them hang around Dingwall for a couple hours. 

Think the buses are quite regular.

40 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Celtic got a very lucky break with that penalty claim last night. 

Just watched it there.

Would've been on the soft side, he was looking for it I thought.

Certainly see plenty of them given.

13 hours ago, Mox said:

God, Johnny Hayes is the younger generations Steve Guppy isn't he? Years of being taught by McInnes to get to the byline 'and get it in the mixer' have done him nothing but harm. He is so out of his depth it's unreal, the quicker we pay whats needed for Roberts the better, I don't know how much more I can take of alcy nose in the hoops.

:lol::lol:

isn't Rodgers capable of teaching him something different?

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

My mate is at the game, he's saying the refs having a stinker, and Mchughs 2nd yellow was a joke...

Does it matter if I text one of my mates at the game and see what they think of the ref? :lol: