LOCAL LAWS - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

LOCAL LAWS

stinky

Local laws and customs

Carry a copy of your passport at all times as a form of identification.

All foreign nationals visiting Slovenia must register with the Police within 3 days of arrival or risk paying a fine. If you are staying at a registered hotel or guest house, they will register you when processing your arrival. If you are staying in self-catering accommodation, check registration arrangements with your booking agent. If you are staying with friends or family, you or your host will need to visit the nearest police station to register your presence in Slovenia.

There are heavy on-the-spot fines for jaywalking. You should only cross the road at designated crossing points.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, wanderer said:

TBH you get this law right across Europe (think its even the same in the UK) hence why you have to hand your passport over when you check in to a hotel.

I couldn't telly you the last time I handed over a passport to check into a hotel in the UK.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I couldn't telly you the last time I handed over a passport to check into a hotel in the UK.

Nope, but you will be asked to fill in a card I assume with your address and stuff (which will have a section for passport... with most the time just told to fill in the basic stuff and sign it at the bottom)

21 hours ago, wanderer said:

Nope, but you will be asked to fill in a card I assume with your address and stuff (which will have a section for passport... with most the time just told to fill in the basic stuff and sign it at the bottom)

More often than not you just pay and that's it.

Never ask for any sort of ID.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

• 1 month later...