What are you listening to right now? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What are you listening to right now?

Recently i have been listening to old time radio horror and mystery stories

There are hundreds on Youtube

Bloody marvellous

Sherlock Holmes v Dracula is outstanding

"Ghost Hunt" is where found footage horror began

"The House in Cypress Canyon" - very creepy

Guest flumax

This and that

Public service broadcasting, bon Iver, five finger death punch, shinedown, iron maiden, jack white, leftfield, wolf alice, dj yoda, young fathers. Black stone cherry, camera obscura 

Been listening to new albums on Spotify from Bush, Living Colour and Mastodon since they are touring here soon to see if I like their new stuff.   Plus some King Gizzard that I thieved from the BNT thread ;)

Mushy one here, I guess about Gwen (or possibly Marilyn :o ).

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Been listening to new albums on Spotify from Bush, Living Colour and Mastodon since they are touring here soon to see if I like their new stuff.   Plus some King Gizzard that I thieved from the BNT thread ;)

Mushy one here, I guess about Gwen (or possibly Marilyn :o ).

Mind seeing Mastodon tour remission at the Cathouse, was never much of a fan on record but they were brilliant live that night. 

When I walk to work it's usually a c.50 minute round trip so I try and get a new album most days. Great for listening to loads of stuff.

Last few have been:

• Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion II
  • Twister Sister - Metal Meltdown 
  • Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls  
  • Amy MacDonald - A Curious Thing 

Although we've now switched to Smooth FM in the office so the headphones are often in. Only so many power balads someone can handle in 1 day. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Mind seeing Mastodon tour remission at the Cathouse, was never much of a fan on record but they were brilliant live that night. 

Brilliant!   Beats me by 3 years, and can't believe it was that long ago since I first saw them supporting Tool and got into them from there.   It was at the soul-less SECC, but their Ice Age blast suited that place.

I need to get a source for new bands that I might like.   I've not caught anyone at the start of the curve in a wee venue for a while.   Did see Virginmarys at Cathouse this year, but they may have plateaued.   (All the better for me to selfishly enjoy though!)

Only listen to music in the car.

At the moment it is mostly Guns n' Roses. Took my partner with me to Paris to see them last month. She was a bit unsure about them but after that gig she is now hooked and sticks on one of there albums whenever we are in the car.

If she isn't there then it is usually the radio. Either Planet Rock or in the evening I'll switch to Radio Scotland for Get It On for something a bit different.