Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 47 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

McBurnie looks to have turned into a proper player, he’s filled out and has quite a presence. He looks like a natural goal scorer, tall, good with his feet, and decent pace. Might as well fast track him into the full squad.

Agree but if those 2 get injured then who to turn to? Martin, Rhodes, Fletcher, Watt? Shaw is not ready by a long way. I'm struggling to think of any one, not just anyone good enough for the squad. 

16 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Agree but if those 2 get injured then who to turn to? Martin, Rhodes, Fletcher, Watt? Shaw is not ready by a long way. I'm struggling to think of any one, not just anyone good enough for the squad. 

If truth be told we have been in this position for some time. Quite often we have been forced to rely on goals from defence or midfield to get us the results. Players like Snoddy can weigh in in that area and is showing signs of returning to form.

28 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

If truth be told we have been in this position for some time. Quite often we have been forced to rely on goals from defence or midfield to get us the results. Players like Snoddy can weigh in in that area and is showing signs of returning to form.

Just it's worse now because there's no stream of nearly-ready youngsters coming through like the centre backs.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

It’s a problem. There are some good players in the u19s but they’re not playing first team football. Aitchison and Rudden both look good. Callum Smith is at least playing but only Championship. I’ve been quite impressed by him, but again, he won’t be ready for the next campaign. I suppose Cummings and Martin should be considered.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

There's Matt Smith too. Probably having his best season in the Championship and it might be quite useful having a 6'6'' striker in the squad. We're almost always going to play with one up front so three strikers in the squad is enough. It's looking like Griffiths, McBurnie and one of Martin, Smith or Cummings.

It's definitely a weak area but if McBurnie turns out to be a good Championship/lower end Premier League striker and Griffiths stays injury free it wont look so bad. 

Performance site I use had Snodgrass MOM for the ffth time in ten games!!!

I did post earlier that Tierney in central defence and Robertson and Patterson as wing backs looked good Problem is that has all three playing out of position.  Might be heading towards a back four with robertson on left Tierney on right and Patterson right sided midfield. Could end up in a situation were cant play two of our best players at the same time.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

One of the Sunday papers has Mourinho hinting McTominay will opt for his country of birth, England.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Performance site I use had Snodgrass MOM for the ffth time in ten games!!!

I did post earlier that Tierney in central defence and Robertson and Patterson as wing backs looked good Problem is that has all three playing out of position.  Might be heading towards a back four with robertson on left Tierney on right and Patterson right sided midfield. Could end up in a situation were cant play two of our best players at the same time.

Not really: Paterson has played most of his career as a RB, Robertson playing wing back is not too different from LB, not like he's changing sides or something. Only thing is I'm sure Eck hinted he wasn't in favour of playing  Tierney out of position.

54 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Not really: Paterson has played most of his career as a RB, Robertson playing wing back is not too different from LB, not like he's changing sides or something. Only thing is I'm sure Eck hinted he wasn't in favour of playing  Tierney out of position.

I think he said he didn’t want Tierney on the right.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Hope we get a full squad for Costa Rica to see how it pans out. But it is very tricky, more permutations than the lottery in our team at the moment

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I reckon he could play any were including right back

I think that's the one place he can't play!  Didn't look great there v Slovakia.  Didn't Rogers say he saw his future as a centre back?  He knows a lot more about fitba than me but Tierney looks a real special talent and I reckon he could be running the show in the middle of the park.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

One of the Sunday papers has Mourinho hinting McTominay will opt for his country of birth, England.

Doubt if England will ever call him up and don't even think we should at the moment unless he phones and lets us know he prepared to walk backwards while  naked over the forth road bridge to play for us.

If he turns out good enough fair enough but for the time being...........