Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

11 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Two performance school 16 year olds playing for Hearts last night & McDonald on his debut setting up the first goal and putting the corner in the box for Berra’s goal to make it 2-0.

Promsing stuff.

Always said Craig Levein was the saviour of Scottish football 😏

McDonald was very good last night, and Cochrane has never let the side down. Its important to note - these guys are 16!!! Lets not put pressure on them, let them enjoy the game. 

Say what you want about Levein, he has always brought youth through at hearts - Andy Webster/Craig Gordon and guys who never made it to the national team but served the club well - Austin McCann and Scott Severin. 

14 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Championship!? Get a grip!! 

Defintely any bottom half premiership club would take him 

I could see West Ham going for him. 

Difficult to gauge how much he'd cost tho. If he was first pick and scoring hatfuls every week, Celtic could do their usual and brand him a £30m striker (while secretly hoping they might get a third of that). but because he's out of favour, I could see him being sold for £3-5m

Wonder what he did to annoy Rodgers? Farted on his pillow or something?

Edited by Rude Gullit

4 hours ago, macy37 said:

Exactly this.

He’ll be back tearing the net apart again soon. It would not surprise me if Dembele goes in January.

I think he will if the right bid comes in. I could be well off but it looks to me that Rodgers is testing Edouard to see if he can replace Dembele for this season or not. 

13 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

He struggled to get in the Wolves team even when they were league one.

I'd be surprised if a prem club takes him in January.

That's bullshit btw.

He was their top scorer at the time he signed for us. He's also proved himself a lot since then. 

26 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

That's bullshit btw.

He was their top scorer at the time he signed for us. He's also proved himself a lot since then. 

Exactly. And became an established international striker & Scotland’s best in over 20 years.

I think it’ll be a case of either Dembele goes or he does & probably more likely someone will come in for Dembele. 

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

That's bullshit btw.

We'll happily take him back on loan in January. Considering we need someone like Leigh upfront. 

On 14/12/2017 at 10:50 PM, PASTA Mick said:

That's bullshit btw.

He was never a regular starter though, was in and out of the team in league one  and usually got subbed when he started and didn't get a sniff of first team football when they were premier league. 

58 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Great shift at 16. Him and McDonald look real talents.

Odds on one/both of them being capped before they’re 18? 

Two words: Ryan + Gauld.  Four if you want to add John + Fleck.

They both look phenomenal prospects but how often have we been disappointed?  Got to say though, if that's how the performance school is teaching youngsters to play fitba then roll on 5-6 years' time!  Credit to Levein for throwing them in as much as I can't stand the guy.

34 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Two words: Ryan + Gauld.  Four if you want to add John + Fleck.

They both look phenomenal prospects but how often have we been disappointed?  Got to say though, if that's how the performance school is teaching youngsters to play fitba then roll on 5-6 years' time!  Credit to Levein for throwing them in as much as I can't stand the guy.

Both will go on to win caps for us I am sure (Gauld & Fleck)

3 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Burke first start for W Brom

Big problem Burke has at this stage is he's one of these head down and run at 100mph type of players. Countless times today he went like that when there were team mates either side and he just ran into defenders and lost the ball.

Might have worked in the championship but at this level he needs more intelligence when in possession. Part of the reason Leipzig let him go wasn't it as he wasn't responding enough tactically when in possession.