Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 66 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

Goal and an assist for Robertson today, and if you believe who scored.com man of the match and a rating of 9.1 makes it the best performance by a Scotsman since God knows when.

Probably of more interest was Ryan Fraser playing at right back again possibly a better option than most we have posted on here

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

And there’s some people who think Tierney is better than him 😂

I really don't know why folk bother getting into that argument. Let's just be appreciative of 2 class players and hope Eck comes up with a way of playing them both in every game.

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Strachan must look back on his decision to exclude McGregor with some regret. 

Playing well against Motherwell doesn't mean he would of made the difference to our qualifying campaign. He's a good player but he's not necessarily better than our other midfield options.

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Playing well against Motherwell doesn't mean he would of made the difference to our qualifying campaign. He's a good player but he's not necessarily better than our other midfield options.

Much better than Bannan who was getting games under Strachan. 

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

Can't disagree any more. Maybe our most consistent player after Brown and KT. 

I’m sure you have probably seen him more than me so can’t really argue... I’m just going on my impressions over past couple of seasons.  Is he picked every week?

21 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Can’t understand Celtic or Leigh Griffiths decision to not make him available for the end of season games - he’s barely had a game for Celtic in 2018 and would start both of those matches for sure. 

He's scheduled in for an operation. 

Callum McGregor putting himself "in the same bracket" as the Lisbon Lions. Got no words for that.

Confidence is a good thing. stupidity isnt.
He needs to go watch the videos of Celtic getting gubbed 12-1 by PSG this season.

22 minutes ago, andyD said:

Callum McGregor putting himself "in the same bracket" as the Lisbon Lions. Got no words for that.

He needs to go watch the videos of Celtic getting gubbed 12-1 by PSG this season.

In 50 years time I'd imagine people (Celtic fans..) will be talking about the team that won back to back trebles whilst also completing an invincible domestic season in the same way the Lions achievement gets spoken of. It's hardly an outrageous thing to state.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

In 50 years time I'd imagine people (Celtic fans..) will be talking about the team that won back to back trebles whilst also completing an invincible domestic season in the same way the Lions achievement gets spoken of. It's hardly an outrageous thing to state.

I bet you they aren't.

4 hours ago, andyD said:

Must’ve missed that game?