Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 63 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Cummings has a lot to prove still, but I think he has what it takes. Still young. Berra has been strong in last couple of games I’ve seen him against us. 

Souttar was the stand out Scot on the pitch for me today. 

Hope he is selected for the end of season tour.

Berra is so solid & seems to be improving with age, however, we should be blooding youth and taking Souttar, Hendry, McKenna, McCrorie and Bates on the end of season tour IMO. 

Just now, ProudScot said:

Souttar was the stand out Scot on the pitch for me today. 

Hope he is selected for the end of season tour.

Berra is so solid & seems to be improving with age, however, we should be blooding youth and taking Souttar, Hendry, McKenna, McCrorie and Bates on the end of season tour IMO. 

Liam Lindsay too

33 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Andy Robertson looking good for a Champion's League final :ok:  Surely even a bribed ref won't work now.

You maybe spoke a wee bit too soon!  Going to be some cauldron next week in Rome.

Excellent performance by Andy tonight.  Only mistake was letting the guy get the header in late on.  Maybe should've scored as well.

18 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Huge gulf between Celtic and Rangers.

I follow neither but really it's night and day the abilities of the Scottish players in the respective teams.

Agreed....  and that’s not because Celtic are particularly good!

20 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Big congrats to Gordon, Tierney, Hendry, Brown, McGregor, Armstrong, Forrest, Griffiths and the rest of the Celtic team. 

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 

aye, congrats to all of the celtic lads on winning a tournamtent which is over before a ball is kicked  😜

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Billy Gilmour starts and scores in FA Youth Cup final win for Chelsea.

A promising start for him this season but still a long way to go.  It'll be interesting to see if he goes on the pre-season tour with the first team as that's usually a good indicator of who they rate from the youths.  Mind you they took Islam Feruz one year so it's not foolproof. 

14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Serious Question who else should make up the starting 11?  no place for Robertson which is a shame

Not really the thread to ask that, but feel free to start a new one.

I'd always find a place for Robertson tbh. Whether you use Tierney as left of a back 3 and Robertson wide left, or Tierney at left fullback with Robertson ahead of him. there's certainly options which accommodate them both.

5 hours ago, aaid said:

A promising start for him this season but still a long way to go.  It'll be interesting to see if he goes on the pre-season tour with the first team as that's usually a good indicator of who they rate from the youths.  Mind you they took Islam Feruz one year so it's not foolproof. 

He’s still only 16 so as you say long way to go but getting lots of praise on Twitter ; the fans seem to see him as one youth who could go all the way, and despite them always winning FA youth cup, hardly any get anywhere near 1st team

1 hour ago, andyD said:

Not really the thread to ask that, but feel free to start a new one.

I'd always find a place for Robertson tbh. Whether you use Tierney as left of a back 3 and Robertson wide left, or Tierney at left fullback with Robertson ahead of him. there's certainly options which accommodate them both.

I can’t believe Robertson’s place in our team is even up for discussion. He should be the first name on the team sheet.