Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 62 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

47 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Ritchie just scored v Arsenal.

Michael O'Neil said he was his man of the match.

We're starting to have (good) problems choosing our midfield. Armstrong, McGregor, Cairney, McGinn, McTominay, Fraser, Ritchie, Fletcher and Paterson. Hopefully There's Burke to add as well. Maybe Henderson too.

22 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

McBurnie nets again. Sounds like he had a very good game and could have had 3 or 4

Can cut out the play acting though. Kris Iwelumo was very critical at McBurnie trying to get a fellow professional sent off by simulating that he'd been victim of a headbutt.

53 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

We're starting to have (good) problems choosing our midfield. Armstrong, McGregor, Cairney, McGinn, McTominay, Fraser, Ritchie, Fletcher and Paterson. Hopefully There's Burke to add as well. Maybe Henderson too.

Need to find a system that gets them playing as effectively as they do for their club.

Would Ritchie be better playing just off the main striker?

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

sorry, forgot Forrest as well.

12 hours ago, Kirk said:

Is mctominey injured or just not good enough for the man u squad?

Deemed not good enough by whom? Considering he's played 20 odd games this season I'd still imagine he's part of the managers plans. They fact he was not involved against a West brom defeat at home suggests others in his place could be deemed also not "good enough".

10 hours ago, JECK said:

Deemed not good enough by whom? Considering he's played 20 odd games this season I'd still imagine he's part of the managers plans. They fact he was not involved against a West brom defeat at home suggests others in his place could be deemed also not "good enough".

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not sure what point you are trying to make? Could you enlighten us? Is it an attempt to say he shouldn't be in our squad on the back of one or two random Man United match out of their matchday squad?

Im asking why he's disappeared from there last 2 squads when he was getting rave reviews? 

I think he's worth having to look at but certainly wouldn't be a starter for me after the last 2 games and the fact he's not playing

4 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Im asking why he's disappeared from there last 2 squads when he was getting rave reviews? 

I think he's worth having to look at but certainly wouldn't be a starter for me after the last 2 games and the fact he's not playing

Fair enough.

I wouldn't read too much into him being out of the team for a couple of games though. I mean Leigh Griffiths has been kept out of the Celtic team for longer spells this season when fit but is still more than good enough for the national team. McTominay, at present, is good enough for our squad but wouldn't start in our midfield at present.

Saw Jack Grimmer tonight for  Coventry. Forgotten man, once considered a great prospect at centre half. But here's the thing: now a right-footed right back who is decent in defence and is always looking to attack. Cover maybe for Paterson? Oh, I know he's League 2 but if he was Northern Irish or Welsh they'd snap him up. Also in League 2 players' team of the season.

In the same match Mark McNulty scored a cracker - another right footer in this left footed world we inhabit right now.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Saw Jack Grimmer tonight for  Coventry. Forgotten man, once considered a great prospect at centre half. But here's the thing: now a right-footed right back who is decent in defence and is always looking to attack. Cover maybe for Paterson? Oh, I know he's League 2 but if he was Northern Irish or Welsh they'd snap him up. Also in League 2 players' team of the season.

In the same match Mark McNulty scored a cracker - another right footer in this left footed world we inhabit right now.

Tell me the last league 2 player to play a key part for either Wales or N Ireland. 

Just enough to send a lot of posters here into depression - Matt Phillips was BBC's man of the match yesterday V Liverpool. According to them: It looked for much of the game as if Matt Phillips' efforts would not prevent a defeat for West Brom but his attacking runs caused Liverpool issues throughout and his set-piece delivery was always a threat

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Cummings & Berra scoring today 

Cummings has a lot to prove still, but I think he has what it takes. Still young. Berra has been strong in last couple of games I’ve seen him against us.