Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 59 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

33 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He's playing well, not sure I would call it the best of his career. He's played a fair few blinders for Liverpool this season.

Context of the game. Performing in a champions league quarter final is a little different to Swansea in a league game in November.

12 hours ago, Windae cleaner said:

I would like to see Tierney left back with Robertson left midfield, play a 4-5-1 even just in a friendly. It would be the best left sided nation in Europe

Just need to keep the ball down the left and we would win the world cup!

i would tend to agree about playing them both, although I wonder how much we get from Robertson attacking from deep.

a future team might be someth8ng like...

mcgregor

hendry   Lindsay  McKenna. Tierney

Patterson mctominay McGinn robertson

Armstrong

Griffiths 

You could stick in Fraser for Patterson....    mcgregor for mctominay... etc...  not world beaters but decent... quality down the left... not much on the right.

4 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Robertson having the best game of his career tonight.

Only saw the brief highlights but looked like he gave what should've been a penalty away.  Didn't feature much in the edit apart from that.

8 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Robertson having the best game of his career tonight.

He played ok, certainly not his best, a lot of poor crosses. Just because his team did well doesn't mean it was his best game ever

Top players yesterday on the stats site  I use, were Fraser, Mcburnie and Hanley.

Lyndsay error for a Sheff Utd goal and another clean sheet for Archer.

Said last year that if Millwall didn't get promoted Archer would be in championship any way  getting to the point might say the same about him and EPL soon

39 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Top players yesterday on the stats site  I use, were Fraser, Mcburnie and Hanley.

Said last year that if Millwall didn't get promoted Archer would be in championship any way  getting to the point might say the same about him and EPL soon

Archer will probably be an epl keeper in the next few years wether that's with Millwall or with a epl club that buys him. He's only 24 and should of been used in the games we had against either Hungary or Costa rica as there's a good chance he will be our keeper in the near future.

42 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

yes, i recall you mentioning your stat site before 👀

42 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't want to disparage Archers performance yesterday but City didn't have shot on target so it would have been one of Jordan's quilter afternoons.

21 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

yes, i recall you mentioning your stat site before 👀

Saves you the bother of checking it;) and it is a combination of opta stats and influence on out come of game with ratings that have no personal bias.

Most if not all of us see what we want to see so our opinions are more often than not predetermined.

I still think Lee Willkie was potentially the greatest Scottish player of all time

40 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Don't want to disparage Archers performance yesterday but City didn't have shot on target so it would have been one of Jordan's quilter afternoons.

Agreed the Millwall defence appears to be something special, hadn't read the stats for yesterday's game but no saves is quite common for a goalie. Can't find season keeper stats any were.