Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 57 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The thought of him playing next week brings me out in a cold sweat.

People seem to forget that it was a Hanley-Martin partnership that helped steady us for a run of a dozen games or so (starting with the away win over Croatia). He looked raw but good then - it was clearly during his Newcastle torpor that his Scotland form turned so poor. He's back playing regularly and very well, so for me he should be a first pick.

2 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

People seem to forget that it was a Hanley-Martin partnership that helped steady us for a run of a dozen games or so (starting with the away win over Croatia). He looked raw but good then - it was clearly during his Newcastle torpor that his Scotland form turned so poor. He's back playing regularly and very well, so for me he should be a first pick.

Tbf he's not really worse than our other cbs. It's just with a few young guys coming through like McKenna etc ppl are hopeful they will be better than him in a few years but the likelihood is they won't. 

4 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Sorry but we looked far more secure at the back with Berra and Mulgrew there. Hanley has yet to convince me he can hack it at international level and I'd sooner we think to the future.

15 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Goal and assist for che Adams, does anyone reckon he's worth having in the squad in the future?Hes only 21 and could be a option up front in a few years. He's defo not making it with England. Same as Sam Gallagher.

Wish under 23 internationals were still about, far better stage to find out about there potential and a far better age to start discussing nationality.

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Excluding Leigh Griffith's we don't have much options up front. Mcburnie is about it. Could do with more strikers and Che Adams will probably become a very good English championship striker.

Gee whizz. Che Adams has not a drop of Scottish blood in him and has already chosen his allegiance with England.

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Gee whizz. Che Adams has not a drop of Scottish blood in him and has already chosen his allegiance with England.

He is eligible through a Scottish grandparent so I don't understand how he has no Scottish blood according to you. He's obviously English and would choose England but so would lots of our players who played for us.

Edited by mccaughey85

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

He is eligible through a Scottish grandparent so I don't understand how he has no Scottish blood. In your opinion.

I don't understand people like you. It is embarrassing to sniff around a player who has chosen to represent another country. He evidently sees himself as English so fair play to him. Wish him all the best with his England career - if he has one.