Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 55 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

If I was to play Ritchie it wouldn’t be as a winger, an inside right maybe. Forrest and Fraser are better options, and then there’s Morgan on the horizon and quite possibly Burke.

Forrest isn't necessarily a better option as his performances for Scotland have been mediocre. Morgan has yet to play for Celtic and has been playing second tier in Scotland, hardly grounds to be in the squad. Burke is a defo player that will be better in the future and should be in the squad. Ritchie and Fraser should start imo with Burke and Forrest on the bench.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Forrest isn't necessarily a better option as his performances for Scotland have been mediocre. Morgan has yet to play for Celtic and has been playing second tier in Scotland, hardly grounds to be in the squad. Burke is a defo player that will be better in the future and should be in the squad. Ritchie and Fraser should start imo with Burke and Forrest on the bench.

Mediocre at best. Above his station at national level. 

52 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Surely Bain must be in the squad now? First choice keeper too without a doubt.

Could see Bain signing a permanent deal in the summer with Celtic and taking over from Gordon as first choice. 

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

Could see Bain signing a permanent deal in the summer with Celtic and taking over from Gordon as first choice. 

4th choice according to macy, but better than all they have in reality. 

On 09/03/2018 at 9:28 AM, PASTA Mick said:

Base your opinion on what you want. I'm going to keep reminding you that he's not good enough. 

i'll keep reminding you that Forrest isnt good enough too

20 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Ritchie's playing every week right now and has been a consistent performer for Newcastle the last two years. We also have very few wingers playing at a top level whereas central midfielders we have plenty.

Ritchie is woefull anytime he plays for Scotland, him and Matt Phillips should be told to fuck off

18 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

It’s likely to be a 3-5-2. I don’t see Ritchie and Fraser both starting, as they would likely be one of the 2.

19 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s likely to be a 3-5-2. I don’t see Ritchie and Fraser both starting, as they would likely be one of the 2.

You think? That's what I'd like to see, but the squad certainly seems weighted towards a 451.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

It might be different midfields  for each game

Could well be.

Part of me hopes not tho. There's so much redundancy in the squad that there's a high change that both games will be filled with rotation and tonnes of subs. To me, if you take fringe players, give them time on the pitch. Chopping and changing the side around them or only giving them 45 minutes is no use. Better to see 15 players over 90 minutes than 22 for 45.

2 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Paterson is a shoe in for right wing back position, must be about 10 for the season now as he seems to score every week!

Yes but not from wing back. Playing (attacking) Centre midfield and obviously pretty effective

Alex Davey, remember him, some people on here were touting him a year or so back purely on the basis he was on Chelsea's books.    Well he was released in the summer, went to Cheltenham, that didn't work out and now he's playing for Borehamwood in the National League.  Played to night in a 1-1 draw at home against Maidenhead.  

Is anyone else looking forward to this new era under eck?

the reemergence of paterson, the arrival of mctominey, fraser, McGregor, tierney, robertson, McKenna, cairney, mcginn, mcburnie and hopefully a fit Griffiths

the future is looking Nae bad.

hopefully jack hendry breaks into the Celtic first 11 soon and we can add another defender to the mix.

Edited by vanderark14

9 hours ago, aaid said:

Alex Davey, remember him, some people on here were touting him a year or so back purely on the basis he was on Chelsea's books.    Well he was released in the summer, went to Cheltenham, that didn't work out and now he's playing for Borehamwood in the National League.  Played to night in a 1-1 draw at home against Maidenhead.  

Nobody was touting him at all. 

Same way as nobody is touting Ruben Sammut or Lewis Fiorini just because their at top English clubs.

it does bode well if they are signed to these clubs in terms of their potential but I don’t think anyone thinks they should be in the mix till they’ve tasted first team football on loan atleast at a decent level.

See Snodgrass got another assist last night. Now on 13.

Douglas got another assist aswell. Now on 12.

It seems Cardiff have completely given up on Paterson as a defender. He's now a goal-scoring midfielder.

25 minutes ago, davew said:

See Snodgrass got another assist last night. Now on 13.

Douglas got another assist aswell. Now on 12.

It seems Cardiff have completely given up on Paterson as a defender. He's now a goal-scoring midfielder.

He won’t be for us though. Warnock did say on radio he could also play wing back or right centre half.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

He won’t be for us though. Warnock did say on radio he could also play wing back or right centre half.

Scored in each of the last 3 games, playing in central midfield.. If he keeps doing that then it's going to be impossible to not play him there and we're going to need a new right back. Especially with Cardiff very much looking like going up and him potentially producing it from midfield in the Premiership.