Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 54 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

Just back from Villa-Wolves, Snoddy was terrific again for us. Been in great form since xmas, shame age is probably against him now at international level but still a decent squad player.

Douglas struggled to get into things, you can see he's a key player in their system but he was fed some shocking crossfield balls by their Portuguese "superstars" in the first half and his defending was pretty mediocre.

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Just back from Villa-Wolves, Snoddy was terrific again for us. Been in great form since xmas, shame age is probably against him now at international level but still a decent squad player.

Douglas struggled to get into things, you can see he's a key player in their system but he was fed some shocking crossfield balls by their Portuguese "superstars" in the first half and his defending was pretty mediocre.

Was there also. Great game and Snoddy has got his touch back, most assists for Villa and does well tracking back. Go to have at least one campaign left in him.

7 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Ritchie seems like one of those who'll be always good at club level but never quite happens at international level.

Will still be in the squad I imagine.

For me doesnt have the pace or skill to go past a player in a wider role of a 4=2=3=1 but has the shooting and threading a bill skill in a more central role in a narrowish 3 upfront 

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think we need to move on from Ritchie. He’s a good player but we need pace and energy along with skill.

Surely we should include him in our squad, do we have many wingers playing in the epl or any other top leagues that we can afford to ignore Ritchie.

9 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

You could say the same about Charlie Adam. I just don’t think he’s the type of player we need.

Ritchie's playing every week right now and has been a consistent performer for Newcastle the last two years. We also have very few wingers playing at a top level whereas central midfielders we have plenty.

Edited by mccaughey85

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Ritchie's playing every week right now and has been a consistent performer for Newcastle the last two years. We also have very few wingers playing at a top level whereas central midfielders we have plenty.

If I was to play Ritchie it wouldn’t be as a winger, an inside right maybe. Forrest and Fraser are better options, and then there’s Morgan on the horizon and quite possibly Burke.