Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 38 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Back on the subject of strikers, Sam Gallagher scored again yesterday, does anyone think he will end up playing for us as he is never going to get in the England squad and could be a good option as back up for Griffith's. He's only 22 and will probably make it at English championship level.

Can see him coming crawling back but fcuk him though.

Put some faith in McBurnie and hope that Aitchison or another Young’s striker breaks through instead I’d say.

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Agreed. Berra is in form but 33 this month.

Souttar, McCrorie, Lindsay, Hendry, McKenna & Bates need included and blooded in.

Hanley can do one. 

If he was Italian he'd be considered in his prime: 33 is far from old for a centre back, especially when surrounded by young blood.

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

That's up for argument but he's still not someone any rational person would drop from the Scotland team.

If there’s a better option in someone’s position, it’s perfectly reasonable to drop anyone. By the time the next match comes it may well be Tierney wow the form players.

51 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Can see him coming crawling back but fcuk him though.

Put some faith in McBurnie and hope that Aitchison or another Young’s striker breaks through instead I’d say.

While I agree to a certain extent he will end up being taken back if he shows decent form. Mcburnie doesn't look good enough when I have seen him for Swansea imo and aitchison is still very young so will have to see if he makes it at Celtic or a decent level. Hopefully there will be some strikers who break through in the future. Wouldn't rule out Burke as an option for the future as he has played striker for the under 21s and has blistering pace and a good finish.

47 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If he was Italian he'd be considered in his prime: 33 is far from old for a centre back, especially when surrounded by young blood.

True, Davie Weir was our best defender aged 38. A great example of a player who improved with experience.

We need to fit a system around our best players... I’d suggest Tierney and Robertson will be for the for the forseeable future. 

At the moment we’ve also got Griffiths, Fraser, Brown, Gordon and for me Berra whose been the Scottish Premiership’s best centre back this season and has the experience to guide others. 

To keep all these guys in the team we’d probably need to play three at the back. So we need another centre back a right wing back, a centre midfielder and another attacking midfielder to play behind Griffiths. 

At the moment I’d go Souttar since he already plays alongside Berra. Paterson who’s impressed in midfield and RWB for Cardiff recently, McGinn beside Brown and Cairney behind Griffiths alongside Fraser. 

This team will probably have to change due to form and fitness but I’m excited at this prospect. Attacking, positive, inform players...hopefully the new manager sees it this way. 

13 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

We need to fit a system around our best players... I’d suggest Tierney and Robertson will be for the for the forseeable future. 

At the moment we’ve also got Griffiths, Fraser, Brown, Gordon and for me Berra whose been the Scottish Premiership’s best centre back this season and has the experience to guide others. 

To keep all these guys in the team we’d probably need to play three at the back. So we need another centre back a right wing back, a centre midfielder and another attacking midfielder to play behind Griffiths. 

At the moment I’d go Souttar since he already plays alongside Berra. Paterson who’s impressed in midfield and RWB for Cardiff recently, McGinn beside Brown and Cairney behind Griffiths alongside Fraser. 

This team will probably have to change due to form and fitness but I’m excited at this prospect. Attacking, positive, inform players...hopefully the new manager sees it this way. 

Agreed. I think we all know we need to find a system to accommodate our best players, and playing Tierney at RB  or CB is a waste of his talents. Robertson at LWB, Tierney LCB in a 3 is the best solution. The rest should be moved around to allow this. No other country, except maybe England (Rooney) would not utilise their best players in their best position. 

Fraser and an on form Forrest could play RWB too, if Paterson doesn't make the grade.

Edited by Tartan blood

6 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Agreed. I think we all know we need to find a system to accommodate our best players, and playing Tierney at RB  or CB is a waste of his talents. Robertson at LWB, Tierney LCB in a 3 is the best solution. The rest should be moved around to allow this. No other country, except maybe England (Rooney) would not utilise their best players in their best position. 

Fraser and an on form Forrest could play RWB too, if Paterson doesn't make the grade.

Yeah, had the same thoughts on Fraser and Forrest at RWB. Think they’ve both played there this season for their clubs. 

Playing wing back’s doesn’t just mean that we can play both Robertson and Tierney. Also means we don’t need to find an out-and-out right back from no-where. Our hardworking wingers can easily fit in there. 

9 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Yeah, had the same thoughts on Fraser and Forrest at RWB. Think they’ve both played there this season for their clubs. 

Playing wing back’s doesn’t just mean that we can play both Robertson and Tierney. Also means we don’t need to find an out-and-out right back from no-where. Our hardworking wingers can easily fit in there. 

Cadden in the wing back role could be an option if he progresses i.e. moves to Aberdeen. One of our wingers can also play as second striker in a 3-5-2.

23 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Harvey St Clair scored for Chelsea u21 v Oxford. 

I was going to post that too. In fact I've been meaning to ask for a while about him. He's played for the u19's but "still remains eligible for England" according to one site.  He's considered a real prospect so I wondered why He's not mentioned much or why He's had no u21 call ups?