Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 32 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

38 minutes ago, JECK said:

And yet arguably none of these could get 1 cap between them ever if Tierny and Robertson stay fit. Ridiculous really 

Not really ridiculous when we have a far superior player in Tierney to them all. 

1 minute ago, JECK said:

Just meant that it's ridiculous that we're so strong at left back (yet weak in others)

Gaun the left footers! :ok:

My Grandfaither used to call me this when I was young and I used to ask him why as I kicked with my right. :lol:

Edited by Ormond

On 04/01/2018 at 1:54 PM, JECK said:

And yet arguably none of these could get 1 cap between them ever if Tierny and Robertson stay fit. Ridiculous really 

Forsyth does have (at least) one cap. I was there when he was shocking in Dublin. He is certainly not good enough. Douglas doing well and has certainly upped his game since leaving Tannadice. He still can’t lace Robertson ‘s boots who was superb last night but perhaps other young Scots should be doing what Douglas did and move abroad 

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

Bremner, McGrain, Dalglish?

59 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I would add Sandy Jardine.

Jardine definitely.  Remove Dalglish though who wasn't turning in anything like world-class performances at that time and add Peter Lorimer.

Some players we had back then.  Maks ye greet.  :(

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Forsyth does have (at least) one cap. I was there when he was shocking in Dublin. He is certainly not good enough. Douglas doing well and has certainly upped his game since leaving Tannadice. He still can’t lace Robertson ‘s boots who was superb last night but perhaps other young Scots should be doing what Douglas did and move abroad 

I do agree that more players should move abroad but Douglas was ignored by Strachan whilst he was in Poland and Turkey. And whilst Robertson and Tierney are ahead of him now, they have always. Didn't Douglas win the Polish league before KT even made his Celtic debut? At a time we were still calling up Wallace from the lower leagues. 

Burke was getting called up at Forest and then ignored when he moved to Germany. 

The point I'm making is that we need to make sure the next manager looks at leagues outside of Scotland and England (although there is only Gauld worth watching at the moment). 

58 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I've just solved out right back problem! Jack Grimmer, now at Coventry has just given them the lead against Stoke.  Now, before anyone starts, NI, Wales and the 2 Irelands care not what league their players perform in.

Ross McRorie would be a good option at right-back while Brown is still in midfield.

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Reason for posting Brazil game team was the players ages. How did we manage it then without countless friendlies and penalty kick qualifiers. Checked to see if debuts were in home internationals and hardly any were. 

Wish we still had under 23 games would bring a lot of the players we talk about here 

Helps that four of that team were playing in a team that had just been in the European Cup final.  That would appear to be some way off on the horizon.

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I’m still eagerly anticipating that poster telling us why Mulgrew is a big time Charlie and shouldn’t be a role model or playing for his country.

Anyone would think the poster is a bullshitter....

Well he is called Charlie. And he is quite tall so you could say he is big. 

16 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I've just solved out right back problem! Jack Grimmer, now at Coventry has just given them the lead against Stoke.  Now, before anyone starts, NI, Wales and the 2 Irelands care not what league their players perform in.

I wasn't at the game yesterday but the reports indicated that Grimmer had a hard time of it with their left winger really putting him under pressure. Not sure we'll see him advance up the league as we did with Fleck.

40 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Ryan Gauld not even on the bench for Aves today and haven't heard of any reports of an injury. Might be heading for another loan move? Aves haven't really given him many opportunities. 

I thought he was playing regularly there now hes back from injury? 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

I thought he was playing regularly there now hes back from injury? 

Since he’s been back from injury he’s been taken off at half time once and made sub short sub appearances. 

It’s not as if they’ve been doing well without him. Not sure why he’s been given such short opportunities. 

A loan to a league where he’s proven himself before might be his best option...managers know how effective he can be here.