Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

I note that Rangers are playing 3 young Scots in a 3 at the back system: McCrorie, Bates and Wilson.  Some on here have argued that we should play that way but don't have the personnel. Maybe an option? If not right now perhaps in the not too distant?

McCrorie is on the right path, and although Bates had a decent game yesterday, he has a lot to prove right now and Im not sure he will make it.  Wilson for me blows hot and cold, he has a lot to prove too if he wants to be considered for a step up.  It was a one off yesterday and was forced.  But, they did ok the 3 of them.

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

McCrorie is on the right path, and although Bates had a decent game yesterday, he has a lot to prove right now and Im not sure he will make it.  Wilson for me blows hot and cold, he has a lot to prove too if he wants to be considered for a step up.  It was a one off yesterday and was forced.  But, they did ok the 3 of them.

in the past month, Wilson has looked very good indeed. McRory has played midfield for Scotland youth sides and i think that could be his best position unless he grows a bit more.

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I note that Rangers are playing 3 young Scots in a 3 at the back system: McCrorie, Bates and Wilson.  Some on here have argued that we should play that way but don't have the personnel. Maybe an option? If not right now perhaps in the not too distant?

Unfortunately, international teams don't play forwards as poor as Stevie May against us or they might be a good option for us. 

58 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Unfortunately, international teams don't play forwards as poor as Stevie May against us or they might be a good option for us. 

The same forwards Christophe Berra plays against every week & our other starting centre back plays in League one! 

16 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Mental Robertson played well at the weekend and then dosen't even make the bench for the following weekend.

Agreed.

It does, however, give me a little bit of confidence that when Robertson is completely out of the squad it doesn't mean he is 'frozen out'. It just seems to be Klopp's way, although it seems very severe.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Playing up front. Big lad, looks pretty mobile. Good touch, just link up play so far. Just made an intelligent run to unselfishly leave his partner free to score at the back post. 

I see he’s been prolific for the under 23s and converted into a striker indeed.

Big target man with potential, if he’s getting first team exposure at Everton then the under 21s seems a natural step and see how he develops. 

14 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

We (Villa) were linked with Ollie McBurnie the other day. Alan Curtis at Swansea was talking about it so looks like there's something in it.

I think his contract is up at Swansea in the summer. I think he will be at rangers next year. 

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Any word on how he played? 

Played OK, missed a good chance after being put through on goal. Made a couple of other good off the ball runs in to the box too. Controlled a couple of aerial balls really nicely...and drew two or three fouls. Not sure why he was taken off.

The above was relatively impressive but he wasn't very positive when he had the ball. Seemed to want to offload it quickly, making an easy pass rather than trying to drive forward or dribble at a man. Didn't look to try any incisive passes either. Maybe this will come with more games and confidence but wasn't too impressed by his performance. Someone like Ryan Christie looks way ahead of him at the moment.

This is only over 45mins off football though. Hopefully he gets more games this season. Don't think I'll make the effort to watch him next time though!

17 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Any word on how he played? 

Didn't watch it. For anyone who uses a betting website on a weekend afternoon there's usually about 40 games to watch from the european leagues so can't say a match between two bottom 6 Portugeese clubs was going to tempt me ahead of Real Madrid or Dortmund!

Edit: I said a few weeks ago he was regularly playing for them but then got injured and they changed manager so taken him time to get back in the team again so positive at least he's starting games again.

Don't see him making it at Sporting Clube de Portugal though.

Edited by Tartan Chris