Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

Found it interesting that Warnock is playing Paterson at right midfield now he's back from injury. Maybe dosen't think he's that great defensively?

In any case think the next manager needs to stick with 3-5-2, can solve the lack of options at RB that way and hopefully will mean the team will have a more attack minded mentality home and away.

8 hours ago, runningtings said:

Maybe, but I personally doubt it.

Didn't get a sniff again today, he should seek a loan move for his own personal development regardless of whether Moreno and Milner are better options for Klopp.

Bizarrely the commentators and experts on MOTD were raving about his debut.  Would be good if he got first team football.

15 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Found it interesting that Warnock is playing Paterson at right midfield now he's back from injury. Maybe dosen't think he's that great defensively?

In any case think the next manager needs to stick with 3-5-2, can solve the lack of options at RB that way and hopefully will mean the team will have a more attack minded mentality home and away.

What’s your team then? 

18 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

3-5-2 means we have to pull more centerbacks out of somewhere, as well as a 2nd striker. That's harder than finding a right back tbh.

3-5-2 best guess:

Gordon
Lindsay - Mulgrew - Tierney
Paterson - McDonald - Armstrong - Brown - Robertson
Griffiths - Rhodes

Rhodes seems like the best of bad bunch right now. Bagged a few goals lately, but still in pretty bad form overall.
We'd also exclude people like Ryan Fraser and Oli Burke as we don't have a wide forward in the formation. They could maybe play as the 2nd striker, but that's a big of a gamble.

Feels like setting ourselves up for a problem in a couple of years, when Berra and Mulgrew retire.
The back line turns into: Lindsay - Hanley - Tierney
and there's no one really there to come in if one of them is injured. And I'm already including the uncapped Lindsay in the starting lineup!

I really think we need to stick to a back 4 until such time as we have enough central defenders to cover a back 3. Harry Souttar, Ross McCrorie and Scott McKenna could develop well, but then they might not (wouldn't be the first time).

For me we just stick Mulgrew and Lindsay in the middle of a back 4. Paterson's had plenty of experience at right back and did fine in the handful of caps he's had, against decent players too. Tierney in his natural left back and we're ok for the future.

No need to rearrange the national side because of where warnock plays someone for 200 minutes.

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

McClair atleast scores a couple of goals in his time... 

Took him 26 games to get his first one though and that was a deflection. To be fair he was brilliant in that match v the CIS but as for the rest of his performances... I just couldn't see why he got near the team.

It'd be great to go back to the days of thinking a Man U player wasn't good enough for us!

58 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Took him 26 games to get his first one though and that was a deflection. To be fair he was brilliant in that match v the CIS but as for the rest of his performances... I just couldn't see why he got near the team.

It'd be great to go back to the days of thinking a Man U player wasn't good enough for us!

Yep!

Now we have a Man Utd player we are all hoping decides is Scottish who’s played about 4 games in his career!