Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Several of his early caps were sub appearances yes. But he started and fecked up too many chances to score in games since then. 

His international record is not good at all. Certainly came no-where near to fulfilling the promise he once had.

Strange as I can't actually remember too many misses from him (like the unfortunate 'Kenny Misser' era MIller went thru)?

It feels more to me that he was just never really near the sharp end of the pitch and thus rarely had the chances to score/miss. Sums up why I never felt particularly enthused whenever he started for us. I like watching teams with strikers who are greedy and do all they can to score.

27 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

So has McGregor who should start against Slovakia but won't even be in the squad 

Armstrong hadn't been making any squads, then first pick I think and straight in to start v Slovenia

no reason McGregor couldn't do same

14 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

McGregor has earned a call-up. Jeez what do we have to lose by calling him up. Even if he doesn't play the experience gained being in the squad is worth it. I cannot accept we won't call up replacements considering it is two key players we have lost for our biggest double header in years.

Totally agree, the stubborn ginger twat wont call him up though.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Totally agree, the stubborn ginger twat wont call him up though.

it makes no sense not to call in replacements

it's getting like levein and black level of stubborn

that was a friendly btw

this is our most important game in years

Edited by Bino's