Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

McCrorie, McKennie both starting this weekend & impressing and Harry Souttar on the bench in EPL for Stoke, couple of injuries yesterday could see him starting now also.

Hope yet for us at centre back!? 

Also Stuart Findlay playing for Kilmarnock. He's only 20 I think, still time for him to step up a level.

4 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

I bet in a few years we'll be overrun with centre halves but no strikers . You only have to look at the 3 in the present squad . If we were to lose Griffiths think we'd struggle 

The devoted Steven Fletcher fans - forever stuck in 2008 who think he is a brilliant player and "just needs one more game to prove what he can do..." - would disagree with you.

I think he's pish and would rather see Stevie May given a shot.

Fletcher is also proof that statistics don't always tell the full story. He has thirty caps and nine goals. On the face of it that is quite respectable. However six of those goals were against Gibraltar and another was against a poor Iceland team in 2009. 

Ah the old Steven fletcher debate. Basically yes he should have scored more goals. He holds the ball up well, brings others into the game, does well in that respect. It's the final 2 fixtures of this campaign. The squad is going to change no matter what happens. Yes Stevie May must be introduced sooner rather than later if he continues good at Aberdeen. Griffiths is going to play the next 2 games regardless.

9 minutes ago, JECK said:

Ah the old Steven fletcher debate. Basically yes he should have scored more goals. He holds the ball up well, brings others into the game, does well in that respect. It's the final 2 fixtures of this campaign. The squad is going to change no matter what happens. Yes Stevie May must be introduced sooner rather than later if he continues good at Aberdeen. Griffiths is going to play the next 2 games regardless.

"That's what they silly cünts on the TAMB think I'm going to do ......"

Scotland-Training-Session.jpg

"Breaking news: Kris Boyd gets shock Scotland recall"

Edited by ErsatzThistle

5 minutes ago, jamboman said:

No Robertson again for Liverpool, not on the bench either???

It's becoming frustrating one of our most effective players is not getting game time. when he does play, Liverpool fans like him. I don't get it. I was planning to watch the game tonight if he was in the squad, but it looks like I will be tuning into the Leeds game....

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The devoted Steven Fletcher fans - forever stuck in 2008 who think he is a brilliant player and "just needs one more game to prove what he can do..." - would disagree with you.

I think he's pish and would rather see Stevie May given a shot.

Fletcher is also proof that statistics don't always tell the full story. He has thirty caps and nine goals. On the face of it that is quite respectable. However six of those goals were against Gibraltar and another was against a poor Iceland team in 2009. 

Your statistics would also tell you of those 30 caps, many of them were only substitute appearances where he played a few minutes.  His strike rate isn't great for sure and his time has probably passed, although I'd certainly have him before Martin. To call him pish is stupid though and in light of what we have available merits a place in the squad.

19 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Your statistics would also tell you of those 30 caps, many of them were only substitute appearances where he played a few minutes.  His strike rate isn't great for sure and his time has probably passed, although I'd certainly have him before Martin. To call him pish is stupid though and in light of what we have available merits a place in the squad.

Several of his early caps were sub appearances yes. But he started and fecked up too many chances to score in games since then. 

His international record is not good at all. Certainly came no-where near to fulfilling the promise he once had.

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Several of his early caps were sub appearances yes. But he started and fecked up too many chances to score in games since then. 

His international record is not good at all. Certainly came no-where near to fulfilling the promise he once had.

Can't take you seriously after recent comments.

Fletcher is better than Martin for sure. He isn't great but he's the best we have after Griffiths probably. 

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Can't take you seriously after recent comments.

Fletcher is better than Martin for sure. He isn't great but he's the best we have after Griffiths probably. 

That's alright I contradict myself all the time anyway.

But I still think Steven Fletcher is pish.