Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

5 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Absolutely, Gary was decent enough given the options we had but I just never worked out how Steven got near the team.

Gary served us well. Used to piss me off the unfair stick he would get. He was the kind of guy who would've shoved his Granny out of the way to get to a Scotland jersey.

Just now, Ormond said:

Gary served us well. Used to piss me off the unfair stick he would get. He was the kind of guy who would've shoved his Granny out of the way to get to a Scotland jersey.

Him and McManus took pelters from sections of the support and media at the time but they were streets ahead of our current options.

Just now, Rab The Crab said:

Him and McManus took pelters from sections of the support and media at the time but they were streets ahead of our current options.

Yep. A lot of shit depends on what Old-Firm mob they played for. Sad.

40 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Assist for Liam Cooper, any one got an opinion on him?

Never seen him in action but he was the only player not to get game time in the Denmark/Czech friendly double header a couple of years ago so I'm not convinced Strachan rates him.

45 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Never seen him in action but he was the only player not to get game time in the Denmark/Czech friendly double header a couple of years ago so I'm not convinced Strachan rates him.

Noticed he is also the Leeds captain and they have now kept 4 clean sheet. Haven't really taken much notice of him due to the only mentions on here being he is crap. Could still be useful cover for established central defenders. Thankfully they will be fresh and raring to go for the upcoming games

Edited by ceudmilefailte

On 25/08/2017 at 4:25 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Did Harry Souttar have any ability/mobility/technical skills ? It sounds too good to be true, but any EPL side bringing through a 6ft 8" centre half is noteworthy.

Very highly regarded at Tanny. Scored for 1st team at end of season we were relegated at 17

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's Time for Strachan to give Ryan Christie a call up, he's a serious talent. The Malta game would be perfect for him to gain experience.

He's looked quality this season what I've seen. He's gonna struggle to get past other guys looking for that position I think though. Realistically he's only been doing this for a dozen games or so. Tom cairney has earned a shot at it for sure. Likelihood of strachan giving him a shout are slim.