Scottish Players in action 17/18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

Surprised no mention of ralston eighteen year old right back who already looks better than Lustig according to some at Parkhead. Chipped in with a goal too. Apparently Teirneys was from an other planet. He was captain as well. Not a Celtic fan but was good on mid seventies when jock stein provided a lot of the international squad maybe Brendan can do the same.

54 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Surprised no mention of ralston eighteen year old right back who already looks better than Lustig according to some at Parkhead. Chipped in with a goal too. Apparently Teirneys was from an other planet. He was captain as well. Not a Celtic fan but was good on mid seventies when jock stein provided a lot of the international squad maybe Brendan can do the same.

Potential future Scotland back 4 of:  Ralston  ???  Tierney (C) Robertson

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

whats a right back??:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, norsefox said:

It's better every time you see it.  That's a man who maximised his limited talent.

He built an entire international career out of one game.

Really, which game? I always thought Hutton done well for us, played a lot of good games in his 50 odd caps and one of the few to play well through the George Burley era.

Am sure you'll tell me he was terrible now and one of the worst to don the dark blue.

29 minutes ago, jamboman said:

No Robertson in the squad for liverpool?

No and that was my chief fear about him transferring there. Many here saw it as Champions League club, great move blah blah blah but I feared it would deprive him of first team football. He'd have been better transferring to a lesser EPL club where first team football was guaranteed. That is what matters most.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I was worried when the pre-season reports on Liverpool were glowing about Moreno.  Its early days but Robertson always strikes me as very professional so let's hope he forces his way into the team.

Yes we can hope but it is very worrying. I cannot recall (in recent times) a Scot being signed for one of the bigger clubs and displacing a big foreign signing to make the place his own. I wouldn't count Darren Fletcher at United as he was home grown.