Ian Cathro - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/27/2017 at 10:49 PM, Fairbairn said:

So it appears Hearts have taken 4 weeks to search for the right Manager and have opted for......Craig Levein!!!

How can he be "the ideal man", suddenly now, if he was not before?

What is the point of a Director of Football and manager being the same person? How can that be the ideal structure?

Did anyone ever get sacked from being manager and go back to being DoF after having been previously DoF?

5 hours ago, exile said:

How can he be "the ideal man", suddenly now, if he was not before?

What is the point of a Director of Football and manager being the same person? How can that be the ideal structure?

Did anyone ever get sacked from being manager and go back to being DoF after having been previously DoF?

Particularly unimpressed with this, HOWEVER, my hope is that this is a move by Ann. The last few years, the Cathro "experiment", the playing staff that have been brought in, the billions of coaches we seem to have, our abysmal form and pathetic league position, this has all cost money and lots of it. I'm hoping that this is CL finally being made accountable for it, "if" he fails, he's out. If this IS the case then I'm delighted. 

The WORST case scenario is that he fails miserably and is kept on as a Director and we are just going absolutely nowhere. At all.