Ian Cathro - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

What's Jim Jeffries doing nowadays? 

He has an outstanding comedy show on the go. Really making it big in the States. Amazing what he could achieve once he dropped that wee leech Billy Broon.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hopefully they go on and win a few games. The more they get beat then the more likely Cathiter will get his jotters. It's a catch 22

Aslong as he's still in charge in October I'll be pleased

Would happily forfeit the derby to keep him in place, think long term

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Cathro for Scotland has been a cry of some people on here in the past!

Horses for courses

Andy Roxburgh would probably have been just as shite a club manager

Wonder who Levein will get in to replace him. He really must be loving this job. As Michael Stewart once put it, he's got the job he's always wanted, one with maximum power and minimal responsibility. 

Cathro has been made to deal with a real shite sandwich. A totally imbalanced squad when he took over, meaning they had to sign a full team on short notice in January. The loss of his best player in Paterson, having to deal with the fall out of the club's failure to handle Jamie Walker's future adequately. All this meaning he's going to this season already up against the 8ball and is now effectively going to lose his job over a defeat to Peterhead and a draw to Dunfermline. 

He's not been good enough but it all seems remarkably unfair on Cathro. Meanwhile the DoF who has been in charge of creating the entire shit storm will receive minimal criticism, keep his job, pick the successor and get off scott-free. 

13 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

He had already offered his resignation once near the end of last season but was talked out of it.

From what im hearing he will be away this week.

Hearts haven't even played their first League game.

What a mess!

I wanted Cathro to be a success as he was young and something different.  But his appointment has led Hearts to go backwards. 

2 transfer windows of terrible buys.  Player turnover high with no results.

Poor communication. Perception is very important and his interviews are bad.

Another silent "laptop" as assistant manager.  What about an old head with presence?

Results!  Consistently poor since he came in.  I wish Thistle had them in August as I believe we would beat them.

Who would you play and fight for? Neil Lennon or Ian Cathro?

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

Cathro has been made to deal with a real shite sandwich. A totally imbalanced squad when he took over, meaning they had to sign a full team on short notice in January.

Weren't Hearts second in the league when he took over? 

Just now, hannibal smith said:

no we were third, 2 points behind Rangers and 3 points ahead of Aberdeen who had 2 games in hand 

Fair enough. You were 2nd at some point around that time.

The point still stands, the squad was competing for 2nd. I accept losing the 2 defenders made things difficult but I'm not sure he had to "sign a full team on short notice". 

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The point still stands, the squad was competing for 2nd. I accept losing the 2 defenders made things difficult but I'm not sure he had to "sign a full team on short notice". 

*5 defenders. Rherras, Rossi and Ozturk left the club, Paterson and Souttar got injured.

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

We lost Ozturk and Rossi in the Transfer window and Paterson and Souttar to injury around that time.

5 of the January signings were to bolster the defence, to be fair to Cathro a few of these duds had already been identified by Neilson and Levein.

In an ideal world Accies would pump that clown Canning and scoop up Cathro

He would be ideal for them the way the club is run

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That could be a really good fit?

Yep

Clearly his talents are working with and developing young players

Accies are just one big academy with a couple of journeymen in the first team

ps

Ian Cathro

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ian Cathro (born 11 July 1986) is a Scottish football coach, who was most recently the head coach at Scottish Premiership club Heart of Midlothian. He is now a stripper at his local Scottish bar.
Edited by Ally Bongo