Jump to content
Tartan Army Message Board

Recommended Posts

I think Hs2 is a great idea and much needed. I also think malaria should be illuminated. No Scottish dimension here beyond paying for it. 

Avoid Mundell's comments about how it benefits Scotland. Pathetic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, flumax said:

I think Hs2 is a great idea and much needed. I also think malaria should be illuminated. No Scottish dimension here beyond paying for it. 

Avoid Mundell's comments about how it benefits Scotland. Pathetic 

Even though Mundell probably knows about this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24589652

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, flumax said:

I think Hs2 is a great idea and much needed. I also think malaria should be illuminated. No Scottish dimension here beyond paying for it. 

Avoid Mundell's comments about how it benefits Scotland. Pathetic 

Eliminated ffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, antidote said:

Even though Mundell probably knows about this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24589652

 

"Economic output would be worst affected, according to the research, in:

  • Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen City and Moray (-£220m)
  • Dundee and Angus (-£96m)"

 

Didn't stop many of those areas switching votes to Tory so hell mend 'em...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt think the HS? farce would actually get started (it may not right enough).

 

Wonder who's getting backhanders from the contracts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

"Economic output would be worst affected, according to the research, in:

  • Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen City and Moray (-£220m)
  • Dundee and Angus (-£96m)"

 

Didn't stop many of those areas switching votes to Tory so hell mend 'em...

 

It's a shame seeing Aberdeen suffer. It really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's a shame seeing Aberdeen suffer. It really is.

We're not all No voting Tories you know. In fact it would be interesting to know what the figures were if you discounted the many thousands who've moved to the area since the start of the oil boom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea that this will benefit anywhere outside of London is ludicrous. All this will do is expand the London commuter catchment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the time this reaches Leeds or Liverpool there should be no need for rail tracks, surely levitating trains will be normal things by then and all this will be one big white elephant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did look up a bit on this.

It IS envisaged that HS2 trains will run to and from Glasgow through to London...however!! They will run at exactly the same speed as now until they get onto the high speed track...

Also for something that's supposedly high speed, the timescale to build it all is incredibly slow!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×