Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Need to not use celtic goal keeper craig gordon for scotland

bonny78

22 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Only quoting mikey stewart and steven Thompson 

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, bonny78 said:

Craig gordon suspect for goal 2.  But happy with the great save even if he did have his eyes shut.

So you are hounding a guy week in and week out without actually seeing him play?.... and replace him with David Marshall who isn't actually playing! Wonderful.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I didn’t blame only him, Fletcher was equally culpable.

For me Fletcher basically lost us that tonight.

442 was fine. It worked. No team has scored in Slovenia this campaign, we went there, played 442 and scored. 1-0 lead. Massive praise.
Fletcher then switches off for a freekick and can't be bothered to mark his man. 1-1 and the momentum switches massively to them.
They go on and score a 2nd with that momentum (Fletch busy marking space for the 2nd goal).
Fletch than has the best chance for us all game to equalise and loses his cool and skies it.

Just not good enough.

14 hours ago, andyD said:

For me Fletcher basically lost us that tonight.

442 was fine. It worked. No team has scored in Slovenia this campaign, we went there, played 442 and scored. 1-0 lead. Massive praise.
Fletcher then switches off for a freekick and can't be bothered to mark his man. 1-1 and the momentum switches massively to them.
They go on and score a 2nd with that momentum (Fletch busy marking space for the 2nd goal).
Fletch than has the best chance for us all game to equalise and loses his cool and skies it.

Just not good enough.

I thought his ball through for Snodgrass was good enough didn't you ? Fletchers not the reason we didn't get the result last night. 

6 minutes ago, Bino's said:

the ball dropped in his 6 yard box just like the England goal?

Agree. He should have came for it and wiped everyone out. Cross was in the 6 yard box. If he's not going to come for that then why oh why are we defending that free kick with such a high line. We were asking for them to do that. That's a lack of preparation for me. If we know Gordon isn't coming for free kicks like that we should be back at the penalty spot defending the cross. At least then we would have denied the space for them to do that. 

6 hours ago, Half Pint said:

I thought his ball through for Snodgrass was good enough didn't you ? Fletchers not the reason we didn't get the result last night. 

Far too little too late from him. His defending at the first goal is what turned the tide against us. It's a bit misleading to say "his pass for the equaliser was good" when he's responsible for their 1st, and awol for their 2nd. He is, and has been for a while, a defensive midfielder who is a defensive liability.

4 hours ago, teecee- said:

Did I see a bit of zonal marking at first Slovenian goal?

Maybe Fletcher anticipating either Keeper or Zonal Markers clearing?

Don't think you did, the defenders try and hold a line, I don't think the intent is to be zonal tho, as everyone goes with a man.

After giving away the free kick, Fletch lines up, looks at his man twice, can plainly see he's going to run in behind him and just lets him do it. Too slow to get back having let his man go and as the ball hits the back of the net he shrugs like "why didn't someone do something to stop it?"

It was absolute rubbish, and sadly the exact kind of thing he showed he's prone to doing in the Chelsea game 2 weeks ago. I understand he's thinking about retiring from international duty, and all i can say is that i hope he does. Grateful for his service, but he's just not good enough any more.

• 2 months later...