Combating comfort eating? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Combating comfort eating?

3 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Sounds like a bully-boy culture there, whistle blow them if you can. It's not you, it's them.

There's nobody exactly I could whistle blow to.

3 hours ago, G-Man said:

I work for myself so not sure of rules and laws but is that not constructive dismissal? I know it won’t help financially but you should pursue this especially if they know about your mental health issues and have trivialised it. Hope things improve in all aspects of your life soon. 

Thanks to the Tories, you need two years service before you have any legal protection. I found that out the last time I was bad. At a previous employer who I'd been with for around 18 months, I received a written warning whilst signed off with depression. I checked it out, and as I didn't have two years service, I had no rights.

This time around, I've four weeks service...

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

How did you 'walk out' ? Did you 'quit', either verbally or in writing ? Were you told you were 'dismissed' ? 

My advice would be to walk back in and ask for a meeting with your Manager. Register a Grievance. They may start an Investigatory Process into your actions in 'walking out'. ONLY do this if you want to remain employed there obviously. And they might sack you. But they would have to hear your grievance.

I left and then quit in writing.

Given how small the business is, there's no way I'd want to be able to remain employed there for the sake of my health. The person I got the rubbish from was my line manager, who also owns the business...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic