Le Tour 2017 - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Le Tour 2017

Parklife

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/22/2017 at 9:08 PM, Mox said:

I'm not a cycling fan, but I am interested in folk that cheat, is Froome on the gear or is he clean?

Chris Froome is the ultimate donkey turned racehorse. 6 years ago he was a donkey, He was disqualified from the Giro d'Italia for holding on to a motorbike, following being dropped from the main group. He was a nobody who was fighting to even continue being a pro-cyclist. 

Then, at 26 years old, he suddenly became one of the strongest riders in the peleton and one of the most successful riders in history. He's "proud" to be mentioned alongside the likes of Indurain and Merckx too :lol: 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Chris Froome is the ultimate donkey turned racehorse. 6 years ago he was a donkey, He was disqualified from the Giro d'Italia for holding on to a motorbike, following being dropped from the main group. He was a nobody who was fighting to even continue being a pro-cyclist. 

Then, at 26 years old, he suddenly became one of the strongest riders in the peleton and one of the most successful riders in history. He's "proud" to be mentioned alongside the likes of Indurain and Merckx too :lol: 

So what you're saying Parkie is he is at it?

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

So what you're saying Parkie is he is at it?

I'd be astounded if he was not. 26 year old athletes don't suddenly just go from nobodies to superstars. 

Six years ago he was a donkey? Funny I seem to remember him being called back down the hill to help Bradley Wiggins win his one and only tour around about then. A donkey... dearie me what an absurd statement.

He should have six wins by now really. Bradley's win where he could have butchered him at will and the tour after he won where he broke his collar bone in a crash i think. Ok that is racing but really it could easily be six and he probably has one or two more in him. That said the Sky guy Landa(?) looks a bit like Froome did to Wiggins this tour but folk said the same about Porte and look how that ended... People underestimate Froome. Amazing achievements and so weird they tripped over themselves to knight that utter cock Wiggins.  

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Six years ago he was a donkey? Funny I seem to remember him being called back down the hill to help Bradley Wiggins win his one and only tour around about then. A donkey... dearie me what an absurd statement.

He should have six wins by now really. Bradley's win where he could have butchered him at will and the tour after he won where he broke his collar bone in a crash i think. Ok that is racing but really it could easily be six and he probably has one or two more in him. That said the Sky guy Landa(?) looks a bit like Froome did to Wiggins this tour but folk said the same about Porte and look how that ended... People underestimate Froome. Amazing achievements and so weird they tripped over themselves to knight that utter cock Wiggins.  

He was a donkey before the 2011 Veulta.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Yes, a donkey. Earning £60k a year at Sky and fighting for his very career as a pro cyclist. 

Far from an absurd statement. Go and do some research before ranting. 

So he turned professional in 2007 and had breakthrough year in 2011 (wow how suspicious). Should he have won the tour in 2008, 2009?

Ranting? Fuhuck me you call him a donkey and I am ranting. Catch a grip of yourself.

I have not questioned if he is a drug cheat (I assume so). I am more laughing at your whank off at how 'wonderful' tennis is why pissing on cycling all the time. Seems totally hypocritical and ranty!

37 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So he turned professional in 2007 and had breakthrough year in 2011 (wow how suspicious). Should he have won the tour in 2008, 2009?

Ranting? Fuhuck me you call him a donkey and I am ranting. Catch a grip of yourself.

I have not questioned if he is a drug cheat (I assume so). I am more laughing at your whank off at how 'wonderful' tennis is why pissing on cycling all the time. Seems totally hypocritical and ranty!

Honestly, he was a nobody who's suddenly become one of the greatest cyclists in history. It's the biggest red flag going. Go research, honestly. 

I'm well aware of the issues tennis faces. No hypocrisy. Tennis is a wonderful sport. As is bike racing. It is possible to enjoy both while also having a high level of cynicism. 

Chill out, thplinth. It's just the internet. 

• 1 month later...

Veulta has everyone "charging" by the looks of it.

The sub-plot everyone should be paying attention to, is the moaning from the peleton about the speed is becoming more and more loud, little digs about gears having to be changed cause of the pace etc.

An example

Peter Stetina: Permanently upgrading to 54t chainring. Modern cycling requires this to even keep up with Vuelta peloton on flat roads #fast #wattsfordays

I see the much delayed anonymous survey of elite athletes in 2011 has been released. 57% admitted doping in the last 12 months, So basically just over half elite athletes will admit they doped if done anonymously against 2% when tested..