Fixtures 2017/18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fixtures 2017/18

Guest BlueGaz

Opening Weekend

Celtic v Hearts

Aberdeen v Hamilton Academical

Hibernian v Partick Thistle

Motherwell v Rangers

Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

Dundee v Ross County

Not really sure in the point of the winter break this year when they've squeezed 7 games into December and then 4 including the Scottish cup into the end of January. 

8 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Opening Weekend

Celtic v Hearts

Aberdeen v Hamilton Academical

Hibernian v Partick Thistle

Motherwell v Rangers

Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

Dundee v Ross County

Not really sure in the point of the winter break this year when they've squeezed 7 games into December and then 4 including the Scottish cup into the end of January. 

And first set of games after the break is midweek in January.....

Not being cynical here, but......

Ive been led to believe 3 of 4 midweek games was away for Aberdeen last season. 

This season it's 4 of 6 away from home. 

Just another boot in the balls to the fans that dont really matter for the future of the game?

Any other teams got shitty midweek games?

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just another boot in the balls to the fans that dont really matter for the future of the game?

DC_vawvWAAE2iaC.jpg

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

not really, away to Hibs, Hamilton and Celtic and home to Dundee, Hibs and Kilmarnock in the midweek games 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

We're in Dingwall midweek in December. Longest journey in SPFL.

Sh1t happens.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Easy for the central belters though who make up most of your support for games at RP etc.

Will i post the mileage these fans do to go to Aberdeen and back for home games? 

Weird that, rather than support fellow fans, you have some bizarre swipe at Aberdeen fans. :huh:

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Will i post the mileage these fans do to go to Aberdeen and back for home games? 

Weird that, rather than support fellow fans, you have some bizarre swipe at Aberdeen fans. :huh:

It was tongue in cheek.

Can you give us a breakdown over the last 5 seasons? I'm sure other teams have suffered too.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It was tongue in cheek.

Can you give us a breakdown over the last 5 seasons? I'm sure other teams have suffered too.

I've no doubt that other teams have too. It was just something posted by The Red Final on twitter. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I've no doubt that other teams have too. It was just something posted by The Red Final on twitter. 

It doesn't include Christmas fixtures, not sure if it will include Friday nights? I think Aberdeen played at fir park on the Friday before Christmas rather than Christmas Eve.

Actually I think Motherwell played Inverness Midweek between Christmas and new year, which would boost our average a bit.

Edited by sbcmfc

On 23/06/2017 at 11:31 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

We're in Dingwall midweek in December. Longest journey in SPFL.

Sh1t happens.

Dumfries to Inverness and Elgin to Berwick are longer surely, off the top of my head. 

2 minutes ago, min said:

Any idea when the first batch of TV games will be announced? Reluctant to make any plans for away games at the moment.

Wondering the same.

i suspect the opening fixture will be Celtic v Hearts at 1230 on Saturday and Motherwell v Rangers will be 12 ish on Sunday for TV and/or Europa league.