European Draws - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Rangers v Limassol, assuming Rangers beat the Luxembourg side and Limassol beat Gibraltar team.

Lovely place Limassol. I got married there last year. 

Stadium isn't very big, looks like a big concrete block. 

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

All 3 Scot sides to make the 3rd round...

I'd hope Rangers can make the 3rd round but some of the teams that drop in at that stage are quite daunting!  AC Milan, Everton, Bilbao, Marseilles.  I reckon that'll be as far as we get given that the draw means we have no chance of being seeded.

2 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Surely they will flip that around if it does happen?

Rangers could get the mighty Lincoln Red Imps

Reports from Belfast that talks have already taken place, and agreed should the match happen will be played on the 11th at Windsor Park with a early kick off time (probably a case of get Celtic fans in and out on Belfast on planes and boats as swiftly as possible)

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Not a great draw for Aberdeen fans, but the team should be reasonably happy with it. 

Fans point of view, the Bosnian side probably better (close to Split and Dubrovnik, with direct routes from Scotland), while a slight plus with the Kazakhstan side is they play their games in Almaty, and "slightly" better than heading to some back of beyond city down by the Uzbekistan border.

Looking at the two sides, tie does seem pretty 50-50.... Bosnian side have the European experience, while the Kazakhstan are well into their season now.... probably would slightly favor Siroki if had to bet on outcome.

Not difficult to get to Siroki Brijeg at all.  We stayed just outside Markaska last year and it only about 45 mins from there so I am guessing 90 mins or maximum two hours from Split.

If you can plan it well enough Mostar has an airport but I am sure it only serves a handful of Italian cities.  Fly to split, hire a car, stay in Mostar, only expense will be the flight.

Guest BlueGaz
35 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

For anyone who's never heard of them they're a small team from Govan.  

???

:lol::lol: Our office liked that one.

Edited by BlueGaz

Just now, adamntg said:

I saw Progres Niederkorn rip Etzella Ettelbruck a new one when I was on my holidays a few years ago.  Both teams mostly made up of Luxembourgois Portuguese as I recall.

I understood on average 2 words from each sentence there!